Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Defensive Strategies/Tips Wanted!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=281430)

quehouston 12-02-2008 07:20 PM

Defensive Strategies/Tips Wanted!!!

Ok. I need some major help on the defensive side of the ball. My offense is great. But what's the point of putting up 63 points per if i'm giving up 66? I'm being absolutely demoralized with curls, short slants, and drags. Any suggestions?

Starter 12-03-2008 08:39 AM

Re: Defensive Strategies/Tips Wanted!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumpboy (Post 2038959064)
Ok. I need some major help on the defensive side of the ball. My offense is great. But what's the point of putting up 63 points per if i'm giving up 66? I'm being absolutely demoralized with curls, short slants, and drags. Any suggestions?

Is this against the CPU or USER?

Against the CPU, there is not reason to play anything accepts press man coverage. The CPU never goes deep so cover 1 press is the only defense you need.

Against a USER, you have to defened the user's tendencies. I usualy conceed the first drive to scout the user. Man press works but you can easily give up the big play deep. Switch it up and bait the user into a false sense of security. I often times give the user the flats as a hot read. Then, when the time is right and the pressure is on, I give the same look but go cover 2 zone. If the user is lazy with his read, I can force a mistake, and maybe get a pick 6.

The CPU is predictable and boring. Against Users, you have to play against the brain of the user. If the user is good, then you may never get a stop. Then the game comes down to clock management and trying to have the ball last with a chance to win!:y220: