Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games (/forums/showthread.php?t=282882)

RaychelSnr 12-11-2008 03:25 PM

How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games

About 10 years ago, my college roommate and I found two scratch-off game cards tucked under our door. Like so many other marketing gimmicks aimed at students our age, they were littered throughout every hallway of the dorm. While I cannot remember what they were advertising, I certainly remember one of the prizes.

You see, for some reason, my roommate and I bothered to try our hand at winning -- instead of discarding them with the rest of the credit card applications and free samples of shaving cream. But before putting coin to cardboard, I remembered a trick I learned on the school bus during the days of a Topps Gold Card promotion. One properly equipped flashlight later, we were both "guaranteed" winners of a Sega Dreamcast.

For some reason, my roommate only received a T-shirt in the mail. I, however, found a large box with my name on it upon returning home for Christmas break.

Read More - How 2K Can Expand Their Lineup of Games

fjccommish 12-11-2008 03:34 PM

How about a sports game not tied to a pro license? Focus on the game play, the AI, the experience rather than on headbands, player faces and trying to make things like in real life?

I don't mind playing with Michael Jordache if the game play is nice...if the superstar guard can drive and dunk, but can be stopped if triple teamed and knocked to the ground every drive.

Mpmx 12-11-2008 04:07 PM

What about a soccer game?

jms493 12-11-2008 04:19 PM

Racquetball........sweet. There has never been a real racquetball video game created. Some stupid "Street Racquetball" game was created but it was horrible.

Dante_X 12-11-2008 04:43 PM

Canadian Football League game would be awesome

asu666 12-11-2008 04:50 PM

I'd love to see 2K release All Pro with a pimped out Franchise/Owner mode. I'd look at licensing the Pro baseball series from Konami and attaching the MLB license to it like they do with Power Pros. Bringing College Hoops back would be awesome too.

7stringking 12-11-2008 05:10 PM

Yeah, a classic baseball game would be great, but probably not feasible due to financial constraints.

I would like to see them make a wrestling game.I don't like Soccer, but that would probably be a good idea for them.

Golf too

e0820 12-11-2008 05:35 PM

Re: How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games

APF with the option of giving players the ability to make customizable rosters/team logos/colors would be my first pick.

Or maybe try something like UBO did, online only. You have one guy and can train him to get attributes and then play one position on a all player team. I dont normally play online but I have played UBO and I constantly play the Warhawk demo (which is online only)