Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Online laggy all the time??? (PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=282891)

spit_bubble 12-11-2008 04:08 PM

Online laggy all the time??? (PS3)

(mods, online forum is slow, and I'm looking for a quick answer)

I just started playing online (PS3) and even games with all five bars green for both players there is a touch of lag. It's not horrible, but it's not very good either.

It's just a split second off, even obviously effecting who I play against (people with close to 100 games played, still not setting their feet properly to throw every so often and mistiming kicks every now and then too).

I'm no expert on connection issues, but I'm no dummy either... And from what I can tell... There's not really much I can do...

:(

Kind of disappointing... Unless someone has any ideas...

kantshootrite 12-11-2008 11:14 PM

Re: Online laggy all the time??? (PS3)

Lag or a slower framerate? because I don't really have issues with lag just a framerate hit when I play online

spit_bubble 12-12-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kantshootrite (Post 2038986118)
Lag or a slower framerate? because I don't really have issues with lag just a framerate hit when I play online

Definite lag. The worse episode I had was when I played a guy with only 3/5 bars green, and after a run play where I tried a shoulder charge I find myself in the hurry up after the whistle... In the formation to kneel the ball and run out the clock no less, unable to audible out of it because all the audibles were to kneel. :confused:

Is there no way to enjoy this game? :frown:

I feel like I'm stuck, along with Visual Concepts, painted into a corner waiting for the paint to dry. :y220a:

RogueHominid 12-12-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshi (Post 2038988391)
Is there no way to enjoy this game? :frown:

Get it for the 360 and friend me ;). Its much, much better on 360, and there are lots more people to play with.

DeStefano7 12-12-2008 09:29 PM

REALLY SORRY FOR BARJING IN HERE BUT HOW DO GET TO THE NASCAR FORUMS?:confused::y220::y220::y220::y220::y220::y2 20::y220::y220::y220::y220::y220:

DeStefano7 12-12-2008 09:53 PM

NEVER MIND....:boxing:

spit_bubble 12-12-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038988523)
Get it for the 360 and friend me ;). Its much, much better on 360, and there are lots more people to play with.

Much much better? In what ways?

The PS3 lobby usually has about three people in it.

Eh... Once Skate 2 comes out I may just abandon all traditional sports titles.

RogueHominid 12-14-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshi (Post 2038988648)
Much much better? In what ways?

The PS3 lobby usually has about three people in it.

Eh... Once Skate 2 comes out I may just abandon all traditional sports titles.

Well, I'm the consummate APF homer, so take or leave my two cents. I think the game is much better on PS3 for a few reasons. First, there's no auto-strafe in default lobby games. This makes a HUGE difference in overall defense. For example, when you're trying to stop screens and swings, you can actually make it to the spot on time with the 360 version, but in the PS3 version that damn auto strafe practically ruins defense. Second, the graphics and online play are better. And third, the community is more extensive. I've got my list of APF friends between 12 and 15, and now I almost never play new lobby scum. That alone has made my gaming experience exponentially more enjoyable. Getting into a league with guys from here is a real treat.

I think with opponents you respect, this game is incredible. I still feel like each game is its own, after over 600 games played. The variability in player performance alone ensures that even if you played with and against the same players every time it's gonna feel different.

If you have a 360, it's worth the $10 you'll spend to get it used.