Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   To Phil: Message For EA Higher Ups... (/forums/showthread.php?t=282935)

cdon2k 12-11-2008 09:52 PM

To Phil: Message For EA Higher Ups...

So there has been a lot of disappointment about news around the web about how EA's major projects this year (Mirrors Edge, Dead Space) not selling well despite having major budgets invested in them...

And at the same time, we are always hearing about how Madden has a small efficient team that works within a limited budget. I have always felt like our (sports gaming fan's) revenue has been been used to expand EA unjustly. It seems like the quality and resources of Madden deteriorates while EA sinks money into just about everything except what got them where they are currently: EA SPORTS games.

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but I find it ironic that all of these games flopped while Madden continues to sell despite a lack of investment and resources.

boooey 12-11-2008 10:00 PM

Re: To Phil: Message For EA Higher Ups...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdon2k (Post 2038985897)
So there has been a lot of disappointment about news around the web about how EA's major projects this year (Mirrors Edge, Dead Space) not selling well despite having major budgets invested in them...

And at the same time, we are always hearing about how Madden has a small efficient team that works within a limited budget. I have always felt like our (sports gaming fan's) revenue has been been used to expand EA unjustly. It seems like the quality and resources of Madden deteriorates while EA sinks money into just about everything except what got them where they are currently: EA SPORTS games.

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but I find it ironic that all of these games flopped while Madden continues to sell despite a lack of investment and resources.

EA did make an investment in Madden.. they paid the NFL a huge chunk of change for exclusive rights.

Cusefan 12-12-2008 02:12 AM

I rented dead space, but I will Pre Order DS2.

Scott 12-12-2008 02:13 AM

Dead Space & Mirrors Edge aren't made by Tiburon, remember that.

countryboy 12-12-2008 09:32 AM

I thought Dead Space was amazing. Mirrors Edge, not so much.

cdon2k 12-12-2008 11:51 AM

Yeah, the Mirrors Edge demo is awesome and I would really like to play the game, but these games are having a tough time against the Gears and Mario Karts of the world. I just find it ironic that they don't realize that they COULD compete with Madden if were on those game's level.

GTheorenHobbes 12-12-2008 11:53 AM

EA's stock is down to $16.98 today. Sooner or later, the boneheads who decided to over pay for the NFL and ESPN licenses will have to be shown the door.

kehlis 12-12-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes (Post 2038987017)
EA's stock is down to $16.98 today. Sooner or later, the boneheads who decided to over pay for the NFL and ESPN licenses will have to be shown the door.

what brings you to that conclusion?