Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So you cant choose what Def Playbook to practice against?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=283616)

jms493 12-16-2008 04:10 PM

So you cant choose what Def Playbook to practice against??

In dynasty I want to practice against the 3-4 defense.......is there cany way to do that or is it broken???

Solidice 12-16-2008 04:20 PM

Re: So you cant choose what Def Playbook to practice against??

pretty sure its broken. you can only practice against the default defensive playbook of the team your controlling(it could be always 4-3, the teams i control have 4-3 as default, so i can't tell).

thelasthurtknee 12-17-2008 12:45 PM

you have to put your d playbook as what you want to practice against.

Solidice 12-17-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee (Post 2039000398)
you have to put your d playbook as what you want to practice against.

that still doesn't work. i used to use the 4-2-5 defense, but anytime i went to practice inside of dynasty mode, it would reset to 4-3(team default). the offensive playbook(except New Mexico State) will work correctly, though.

jms493 12-17-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039000577)
that still doesn't work. i used to use the 4-2-5 defense, but anytime i went to practice inside of dynasty mode, it would reset to 4-3(team default). the offensive playbook(except New Mexico State) will work correctly, though.

thats what i figured.........some bs there

xALL BUSINESSx 12-17-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039000577)

You can use the playbook you wanna practice against, you just have to use 2 controllers. So pick the D book you wanna face with the second controller, and then when you get into practice mode, go to options and revert the controller back to CPU.

Bam, problem solved.

Solidice 12-17-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xALL BUSINESSx (Post 2039000820)
You can use the playbook you wanna practice against, you just have to use 2 controllers. So pick the D book you wanna face with the second controller, and then when you get into practice mode, go to options and revert the controller back to CPU.

Bam, problem solved.

in dynasty mode, you do not get the controller select screen though. so that doesn't work.

trayeight 12-17-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039000824)
in dynasty mode, you do not get the controller select screen though. so that doesn't work.

What I had to do it save the dynasty offline, and "practice" by playing the games. It sucks, but it's a workaround I guess.