Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another Conference Invite Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=284466)

jmarkey86 12-21-2008 10:09 PM

Another Conference Invite Question

This one is a little different... if you were to rank teams in order of importance as to who you should manually take over and work to get a conference invite for, what would be your top 10-15 list. I did a deserving list and a fun list. A brief explanation would be nice too! Here's mine:

1. Notre Dame - all that history
2. Boise St - dominance in recent years
3. TCU - they always seem to be able to hang with the big boys
4. Utah - they have been good even since Urban left
5. Navy - this might be a stretch, a personal fav, but they have been pretty good and would be scary to face
6. USF - these guys were ranked #2 in 2007
7. BYU - always seem to do more with less talent
8. ECU - skip holtz has them in contention for C-USA title
9. UCF- will always have decent recruiting in florida
*10. Hawaii - i hesitate to put this one up b/c their facilities are terrible! no money coming into the school.

Honorable Mention:
1. Marshall - family ties
2. Western Carolina - i always add them in D1 b/c my girlfriend goes there
3. Army
4. Air Force
5. Akron, Nevada, SD State, N. Texas - all tend to be good 10+ years into every dynasty I play

DonkeyJote 12-22-2008 03:13 AM

Re: Another Conference Invite Question

I would exclude any Big East team, since they're already a BCS conference. So I wouldn't have WVU, USF, or Cincinatti on there.

If I was to pick some teams that it would be nice to see in a BCS conference, they would be:

1. Notre Dame - they'd be a perfect fit in the Big 10 since they have so many rivals there anyway.
2. Navy - they're already in the Big East for Basketball, why not in football? They're better than Syracuse.
3. UCF - I think it's a good program with good facilities, and already has a good rivalry with USF, making it a good fit in the Big East.
4. Boise St. - They're good enough to be a mid-level team in the Pac-10, though they are geographically a little too out of the way.
5. BYU - A very good team in the 80's, and a former National Championship team
6. Hawaii - travelling problems aside, Hawaii definetly would put out better teams, if they had the pull of a major conference to get recruits to stay on the island rather than going to the west coast schools.
7. Utah - they've been very good in recent years, and seem to have the exposure to maintain that.

Andrews85 12-22-2008 10:15 AM

Mine would be...

1. Notre Dame to the BIG 10.

2. Boise St. to the PAC 10.

3. Navy to the Big East.

4. UCF to the ACC or Big East.

Squeezee12 12-22-2008 10:59 AM

Truly I wont be able to name off all that I would like to see cuz I know I will leave out most of them. But right now off the top of my head... My picks are for real life and not our lovely video game world we all live in... Even then I dont think my list would be much different for my video game ideas...

1. Notre Dame (Big10) It just makes sense... Stop being greedy with that TV deal.
2. Utah/BYU (Pac 10) I think at some point the Pac10 needs to become the Pac12 and these teams make the most sense as far as performance goes.
3. Boise St (Mountain West) I know its not a BCS move but they would get more respect out of this conference especially if Utah and BYU stayed.
4. Navy/Army (Big East) I've always thought these two need to be in a conference to help pull in good players(and soldiers) and the BigEast fits.
5. UCF (Big East) Think they would do well and pull in more recruits out of a great recruiting state.
6. Hawaii (Pac 10) Being in a BCS conference would help them in many ways. If their program stayed where it was in '07 Pac 10 would have no choice...

Thats all I can think of for now... If anything else comes to me I will post later. Cool thread. Truly like most I think the BCS is wack...

I wish EA would give us the power to rearrange/create conferences... That would be sweet...

****Also I know there is some conflicting ideas on mine but I took each team individually as if no other team on my list had moved conferences.****

steakface 12-22-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsaQue (Post 2039013947)
2. Navy - they're already in the Big East for Basketball, why not in football?

excuse me..?

anyways, ND won't move because of that TV deal(don't hate), but some of these make sense.
Instead of Utah/BYU moving out, they get a school like Navy, which would be fun for Navy vs. AF every year.
Hawaii-Pac 10

TheDeuce 12-22-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steakface (Post 2039014376)
excuse me..?

Yeah I noticed that too. Navy is in the Patriot League for basketball. And the last thing the Big East needs is more hoops teams anyway.