Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Starting a new dynasty looking for advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=284513)

Keyser Soze 12-22-2008 11:12 AM

Starting a new dynasty looking for advice

I am going to start a new OD with a buddy for the fun of it (kinda need something other then GOW2 to play from time to time that only takes 1 hour/game) and we are going to take power teams and re-write the record books versus making 101 house rules and giving a crap about SIM stats which is just too hard to do. I am going to run with FSU and he is going to play with Texas.

However, I have been away from the game now for MONTHS and I think I am forgetting some of the key issues that perhaps we should at least make a rule for to start. One that I can think of is calling a punt block and then returning the punt which last I remember was still totally broken and way too easy to return every single time.

I think we are going to allow for any player to play at any position but I can't remember if this breaks anything too badly or not. Does putting DBs at LB break the game or does it make the running game unstoppable? Does putting WRs at TE break anything too badly?

Basically, I am looking for MAJOR gameplay/rule suggestions before we begin because I am so out of practice. I am pretty sure there were a couple of others out there that were totally broken that I want to address up front if possible.

Squeezee12 12-22-2008 11:38 AM

Re: Starting a new dynasty looking for advice

truly i have found it hard to return punts on a punt block formation...

as for the WR at TE my buddy use to try to get away with it and I have found it too hard for my linebackers to keep up...

these are the only things that come to mind right away... Will try to post later with more...

Keyser Soze 12-22-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeezee12 (Post 2039014338)
truly i have found it hard to return punts on a punt block formation...

as for the WR at TE my buddy use to try to get away with it and I have found it too hard for my linebackers to keep up...

these are the only things that come to mind right away... Will try to post later with more...

yes, the WRs at TEs was the first thing that came to mind as running clear outs for them might be WAAAAAAY too easy since the CPU does not look at speed differentials when schemeing... heck, they don't scheme at all.

maybe the punt returns when calling punt block has been fixed since I played last.

fistofrage 12-22-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 2039014343)
yes, the WRs at TEs was the first thing that came to mind as running clear outs for them might be WAAAAAAY too easy since the CPU does not look at speed differentials when schemeing... heck, they don't scheme at all.

maybe the punt returns when calling punt block has been fixed since I played last.

Putting WR at TE causes a problem. Don't do that. Also our league has banned position changes from WR to TE.

I wouldn't punt return out of block either.

If you use the right sliders, you probably won't lose a game to the AI, but you shouldn't be able to break 100 points either. Noone in our league has broke 90 points in a few years with 7 minute quarters.

Keyser Soze 12-22-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2039014574)
Putting WR at TE causes a problem. Don't do that. Also our league has banned position changes from WR to TE.

I wouldn't punt return out of block either.

If you use the right sliders, you probably won't lose a game to the AI, but you shouldn't be able to break 100 points either. Noone in our league has broke 90 points in a few years with 7 minute quarters.

what are your sliders? can you link me please?

Keyser Soze 12-22-2008 01:45 PM

Fist, does your league allow all other position changes? Like could a WR play HB or CB play OLB?

youALREADYknow 12-22-2008 03:11 PM

Check out m00d's thread for OD sliders although you may want to do some minor tweaks. A lot of the speed cheese is eliminated and you won't need many house rules to keep games competitive.

I'd say there really should not be any position changes allowed since you can recruit ATH's and use different schemes within the playbook if you want flexibility. The AWR penalty for moving guys is typically insignificant for positions where the user has stick control.

fistofrage 12-22-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 2039014640)
Fist, does your league allow all other position changes? Like could a WR play HB or CB play OLB?

You can position change at the beginning of a season, but you can't start a WR at HB during the season.