Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you edit coaches names in this game? Please answer ASAP (/forums/showthread.php?t=286773)

Zag 01-05-2009 03:46 AM

How do you edit coaches names in this game? Please answer ASAP

I can't find out how to edit the name of a coach? I want to start a Nebraska dynasty, but when I go to pick them, I can't figure out how to rename the coach... Hopefully I'm just dumb and can't figure it out, rather than this not being an option in this year's game...

This is for the 360...

Please answer ASAP. Thanks!

Solidice 01-05-2009 04:07 AM

Re: How do you edit coaches names in this game? Please answer ASAP

Dynasty Setup > Coach Positions i believe.

Zag 01-05-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039052172)
Dynasty Setup > Coach Positions i believe.

Hmmm... I still can't figure it out.

Where I am trying to do it is where I pick my team for my dynasty. I move over to the "Coach" area (where it says NEB COACH or whatever) and try to edit it, but I'm having no luck.

djcorrosive 01-05-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zag (Post 2039052191)
Hmmm... I still can't figure it out.

Where I am trying to do it is where I pick my team for my dynasty. I move over to the "Coach" area (where it says NEB COACH or whatever) and try to edit it, but I'm having no luck.

You have to wait until you are in the dynasty to name the coaches. Pick your team and then follow Solidice's instructions.

trayeight 01-05-2009 10:32 AM

Does this work in an OD too?

Solidice 01-05-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trayeight (Post 2039052428)
Does this work in an OD too?

no. you might be able to named them offline, then upload that dynasty file. that might work, but I haven't tried it.

icg 01-11-2009 08:19 PM

I know people have asked this it looks like ten million times in searching this forum so I apologize. Just looking to figure out how to name and edit the coaches.

But I've tried going to Dynasty setup like was suggested and all that's there is Save Dynasty and Dynasty House Rules. Under Dynasty house rules are Gameplay options, penalties, and custom AI. I look in those and see nothing. All that I can change under team management is strategy.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I have the PS3 version so I don't know if that'd make it any different than the xbox or anything.

Solidice 01-11-2009 08:25 PM

from the dynasty main menu, it's under Dynasty Setup > Coach Positions. there you select the coach you want to edit, press "A" (for 360) or "X" (for PS3). then select edit coach.

you can not edit coaches names during the pre-season or in the off-season. need to be in week 1-15. might still be able to edit during bowl weeks, but haven't tried. the coaches position does not show up during pre-season/off-season.