Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   How Much Do Patches Cost? (/forums/showthread.php?t=288027)

marktg30 01-12-2009 02:01 AM

How Much Do Patches Cost?

Since I am not in the Game Developing Biz I was wondering if anyone was "In the know" about these types of things.

I have been playing All Pro Football 2k8 for the past 3 days and I am sucked into the gameplay... However, the lack of a Franchise Mode has me wanting just that little bit more.

I am wondering if a patch or expansion pack could be released, much like the two packs released for Oblivion (strictly hypothetical).

Could it be done? How much would it cost?

rawdog805 01-12-2009 02:18 AM

Re: How Much Do Patches Cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by marktg30 (Post 2039075232)
Since I am not in the Game Developing Biz I was wondering if anyone was "In the know" about these types of things.

I have been playing All Pro Football 2k8 for the past 3 days and I am sucked into the gameplay... However, the lack of a Franchise Mode has me wanting just that little bit more.

I am wondering if a patch or expansion pack could be released, much like the two packs released for Oblivion (strictly hypothetical).

I dont think they are going to do anything like that with APF 2k8, because the game is 2 years+ old right now... Maybe if they decide to make another APF 2k then maybe they will add it initially..

mgoblue 01-12-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marktg30 (Post 2039075232)

Something like adding a franchise mode would be expensive because the development of that entire system is pretty intensive. Lots of time designing/debugging.

ODogg 01-12-2009 06:29 PM

I heard $1000 somewhere

Behindshadows 01-12-2009 06:46 PM

-1.5 Million give or take a dollar!