Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why does everyone seem to have an All-American icon? (/forums/showthread.php?t=288329)

noles_acc 01-13-2009 11:29 AM

Why does everyone seem to have an All-American icon?

I've looked around and can't find an answer. Why do players of mine, who have never been annoited real or preseason AA accolades, have the little icon there?

Thanks.

infablak 01-13-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Why does everyone seem to have an All-American icon?

Because they were an all-amercian at some point the previous year. Let it be NCAA All american, 2nd team NCAA all american, NCAA Freshman All American, or the "conference" all american. Which also can be broken down into 1st and 2nd team. SO say you are a lower prestige school like FAU or SMU, you can still have an lowerer ovr player as an all american, because of the "conference" individual awards such as 1st team Sun belt conference Left Takle All-American. Hope this helped.

noles_acc 01-13-2009 01:10 PM

That is super lame. 2nd team SunBelt is AA--lame!

TrevJo 01-13-2009 02:01 PM

I'm pretty sure being on the All-Conference team doesn't give you the tag. All-Conference does not even qualify as All-American. But if a player gets Freshman All-American, he'll have the AA tag for life!