Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Moves-Specifically the stiff arm and truck (/forums/showthread.php?t=288772)

fistofrage 01-15-2009 11:21 AM

Moves-Specifically the stiff arm and truck

How do you execute the stiif arm move. I see the AI use that "get off me fool!" stiffarm/judo move quite frequently but havent been able to execute it myself. Is it just a well timed "A" button on the 360?

Also when do you use the truck move? Is it right before contact or right at contact. I try to use it whin I run an ISO right up the middle, but it never seems to work on a LB or safety. On the edge, I can run through some CB's with my FB and TE's.

antdawg9 01-15-2009 12:14 PM

Re: Moves-Specifically the stiff arm and truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2039086495)
How do you execute the stiif arm move. I see the AI use that "get off me fool!" stiffarm/judo move quite frequently but havent been able to execute it myself. Is it just a well timed "A" button on the 360?

Also when do you use the truck move? Is it right before contact or right at contact. I try to use it whin I run an ISO right up the middle, but it never seems to work on a LB or safety. On the edge, I can run through some CB's with my FB and TE's.

For me the stiff arm is a crapshoot. Sometimes I can get it, but most of the time I just end up getting tackled. But when it works I find myself screaming "GET OFF ME". lol

But as for the truck stick, I have more success with that. But it's mostly on the edge against a CB or S. At least it's not too effective like when they first introduced it to Madden (forgot the year) but it use to be way too effective. Good to see it toned down some.

UnbatedCactus 01-15-2009 01:55 PM

i found it helps if you yell "JUDO-CHOP!!!" ala Austin Powers... on both instances...

In all honesty -- for the stiff arm I normally hold the button down before contact and I get a 50/50 response from the ball carrier. As for the truck stick, normally before contact -- I can't get much of anything to work during contact...

gator3guy 01-15-2009 02:37 PM

Before contact for the stiff arm because it seems to take a while to perform. As for the truck stick, I do it before and if there are a bunch of defenders I usually just go rapid fire with the right stick.

sccavs64 01-15-2009 08:56 PM

the truck stick depends on the strength and the trucking attribute of the ball carrier. if they are both low, the ball carrier will just spin off the tackle

TrevJo 01-15-2009 09:00 PM

I like truck when running up the middle. Even if you aren't going to plow over a DL or LB, even if you're running into your OL's back in a pile, it'll help you fall forward instead of suddenly getting stuck moving sideways and getting tackled sideways as a result. And yeah, trucking the little guys on the edge is great.

For stiff arm, I mostly use it on the outside when the guy is coming at an angle rather than straight on. So he doesn't have much momentum in the direction toward me and thus it's easier to reject him. Most of the time I still get dragged down but at least falling forward 5 yards or so. Great feeling when you can pull off the GET OFF ME! :)