Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How come Jim Fassel and Brian Billick can't get head coaching jobs? (/forums/showthread.php?t=289084)

swill43507 01-16-2009 07:40 PM

How come Jim Fassel and Brian Billick can't get head coaching jobs?

What's going on. They both got teams to Superbowl. So what's the problem?

Freelance 01-16-2009 07:55 PM

Re: How come Jim Fassel and Brian Billick can't get head coaching jobs?

Gotta be a "hot" name. It's a good question.

My problem with Billick is that he's supposed to be this offensive guru, yet the Ravens were a defensive team only while he was there.

ProfessaPackMan 01-16-2009 08:53 PM

Uhhhhh maybe because they're not that good?

J0nnD0ugh 01-16-2009 09:07 PM

Jim Fassel should get a look. I've always wondered why he didn't get another job. Getting to the SB w/Collins in NYC is not an easy task. Billick isn't really a good coach in my estimation. He fooled everyone when he had Moss, Carter, Cunningham & Robert Smith.

Chip Douglass 01-16-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swill43507 (Post 2039091390)
What's going on. They both got teams to Superbowl. So what's the problem?

Good question with Fassel. I can't believe he hasn't received a job offer from anywhere.

Billick, like Dennis Green, is a product of the '98 Vikings, more specifically Randy Moss.

JayBee74 01-16-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh (Post 2039091616)
Jim Fassel should get a look. I've always wondered why he didn't get another job. Getting to the SB w/Collins in NYC is not an easy task. Billick isn't really a good coach in my estimation. He fooled everyone when he had Moss, Carter, Cunningham & Robert Smith.

Not to mention a GREAT offensive line, but I suppose you have to give him some credit for assembling the offense considering he took the Minn OC job in the early 90's. Based on the offensive fireworks he produced in Baltimore, I'd say his stint in Minny was more lucky then good. Harbaugh's immediate success lowers his stock significantly.

SPTO 01-17-2009 12:00 AM

I've always liked Fassel but it seems no one is willing to hire him. His name was bandied about for the Argos job in the CFL and he actually wrote a letter to Al Davis essentially begging to be hired!

Must be tough times for him.

raidersbball20 01-17-2009 12:05 AM

Teams need to go back to these kind of guys instead of some no name coaches with low positions