Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why does it say that Miami doesn't have any Conference Championships? (/forums/showthread.php?t=289677)

auburn387 01-20-2009 12:48 AM

Why does it say that Miami doesn't have any Conference Championships?

Just wondering. According to this game, the Miami Hurricanes have never won their conference. They have 5 NC's, so how can it be possible that they don't have any conference championships?

z Revis 01-20-2009 12:52 AM

Re: Why does it say that Miami doesn't have any Conference Championships?

Because they don't have any Conference Championships. They joined the ACC in 2004.

Tovarich 01-20-2009 01:40 AM

They were Independent until 1991 when the Big East started playing football. I guess EA isn't counting the Big East Championships now that they're in the ACC, but at least their first 2 national titles were before they won a conference championship. They haven't won their current conference, I would assume it's like that for everyone else who changed a few years back.

thudias 01-20-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovarich (Post 2039102177)
They were Independent until 1991 when the Big East started playing football. I guess EA isn't counting the Big East Championships

Its because the Big East isn't a real conference. I wouldn't count those conference championship either.

bgeno 01-20-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thudias (Post 2039102795)
Its because the Big East isn't a real conference. I wouldn't count those conference championship either.

There's a difference between Big East today and Big East five years ago.

Tovarich 01-20-2009 11:58 AM

The Big East hasn't gotten much better or worse really. Miami was rarely challenged by anyone not named Virginia Tech. The bowls certainly never thought much of the Big East because since the day they started football, the Big East bowls having that option to pick Notre Dame instead of them is pretty much what gets them most of their better bowl affiliations. The International Bowl and such just get whoever. But until Miami nearly destroyed the program and had to resurrect itself, it dominated the Big East, though not quite to the extent that Florida State dominated the ACC for the first 10 years.

deadlyCane 01-20-2009 01:39 PM

Tovarich is right on with just about everything he wrote in this thread. The one thing he forgot is that Syracuse had their run as Miami's competitor in the Big East before Vick stepped on Virginia Tech's campus.

By the way, this thread throws me in a state of depression.