Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What do you guys think, are these things considered cheesing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=290483)

Mojo23 01-23-2009 10:26 PM

What do you guys think, are these things considered cheesing?

There's a notorious guy in my league (no, not biggie) who's known for nothing other than cheesing. He's been doing it for several seasons but still won't admit he's a cheeser. Things he currently does include:

1) The "NFL Blitz" pass. He calls a wheel route and throws to a player who he can't see (nor can his opponent) yet he always "magically" knows his WR/TE will be open. I mean, if you're gonna throw passes to guys who aren't visible on your TV why even have you TV on? Save the electricity.

2) The FB dive. As you all know, this is a money play. You can get 3+ yards quite easily. But this guy runs it over and over..and over. No exaggeration, he'll run this play 50 times in a game.

3) Putting a player (yes, any player) with 99 speed at TE and bombing it downfield like he's playing "jackpot" against infantile ******s.

4) EXCLUSIVELY drafting speedy players, i.e. 4.16-4.24 40 yard dash times. He'll then put these supersonic guys at nickelback, fullback, TE, kick returner, etc...anywhere where speed will help. (how can 3 CBs on the same team be leading the nation in sacks?)

5) Unexplainably scoring 119 points in a game vs the CPU then being held to 21 in a human vs human game the next week.

6) Returning EVERY punt and kickoff for a TD against the CPU (this is the one I still can't figure how he does it)

haze56 01-23-2009 11:19 PM

Re: What do you guys think, are these things considered cheesing?

Wow just wow....One guy always has to ruin the fun for everyone...Boot him.

deadlyCane 01-23-2009 11:21 PM

If you're the commissioner drop him. If you're not the commish, lobby the commish to drop him.

What's his OS Screen name? I need to know in case he tries to join one of my dynasties.

Mojo23 01-24-2009 12:01 AM

Actually I am the commish. But I refuse to boot him from the OD because that would basically be saying he "won". I (along with a couple other guys) WANT to beat him just to prove that he isn't unbeatable. He's going to the NC game this year but we're going to try to take him out next year.

Its kind of fun because every year we get closer and closer to figuring him out and working on ways the shut him down. And in the process we've gotten a lot better and creative. This year I had a heartbreaking 51-54 loss to him (thanks to a blocked kick :jpshakehe)

I srsly hope NCAA 2010 fixes these exploits though.

And don't worry, he doesn't post here lol.

WarrickNole 01-24-2009 11:40 AM

Yeah deff a swiss chzer on that one...and you lost on a block kick? how the hell? I never have blocked or had a kick blocked in this game since i got it...and that was when it came out...

as far as throwing to guys he can't see...yeah that is crazy...I had a guy do that and i had zone and a guy in the vicinity and picked em off...hhaha...

WarrickNole 01-24-2009 11:41 AM

what's this guys online name? I want to know if i have ever played him before...I bet i beat em to, if not i want a shot...let em know!