Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Online recruiting question (/forums/showthread.php?t=290946)

Mecca 01-26-2009 08:59 PM

Online recruiting question

Is there a cheesy exploit I'm not aware of or is this guy just doing something I'm not familiar with...

Back to back years me and said user have recruited a few of the same guys..he's the only user to ever take a player from me...both times I was leading him on the players we had both done our visits..1 year the guy was soft to me I spent over and hour with 3 hardsells it advances to the next week and he's committed to the other team I was like what the hell?

Then this year we are both on a guy, he has me first the entire time we've both visited my bar is completely full his isn't...he's not soft to either it advances and he's committed to him..

It just makes no sense to me how this is happening, I had never seen a guy who was soft to another school commit without a visit till this, or really someone jump from 2 to 1 and get a commit in 1 week like that..

So my question is what is this guy doing how is it realistically possible?

ChiSox05 01-26-2009 09:30 PM

Re: Online recruiting question

I have done that before. I dont think it is an exploit as much as he is just pitching that guy for a long time. I once hard sold a kid 6 times in one week and I signed him away from another kid.

Mecca 01-26-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiSox05 (Post 2039122280)
I have done that before. I dont think it is an exploit as much as he is just pitching that guy for a long time. I once hard sold a kid 6 times in one week and I signed him away from another kid.

I actually gave the player I lost this year 6 hard sells the week he committed to the other school..

The only thing I can think is he's Penn State and I'm North Carolina but he doesn't have significantly better pitches...I've won 3 straight NCs so my pitches have all gone up alot.

jdrhammer 01-26-2009 10:22 PM

If he has the guy in the top spot on his board and you don't then it will give him a little bump. Also, if he visits the other team later than he does you, the advantage will go to the other guy. The visit will impact the interest more than what you can after you've used your visit.

It sounds like you really close to getting these guys but it is best to nearly be full once he takes the visit when you have competition. In our OD I just took the #1 HB when 3 others were ahead of me the entire time. I had the last visit and snagged him. I also had him #1 on my board the last few weeks and gave him at least 2 to 3 hrs of hard selling without pissing him off. I maxed him out.

Mecca 01-26-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2039122424)
If he has the guy in the top spot on his board and you don't then it will give him a little bump. Also, if he visits the other team later than he does you, the advantage will go to the other guy. The visit will impact the interest more than what you can after you've used your visit.

It sounds like you really close to getting these guys but it is best to nearly be full once he takes the visit when you have competition. In our OD I just took the #1 HB when 3 others were ahead of me the entire time. I had the last visit and snagged him. I also had him #1 on my board the last few weeks and gave him at least 2 to 3 hrs of hard selling without pissing him off. I maxed him out.

This is what I know, I visited in 4 he visited in 5..I was still leading after he had visited both teams he didn't commit till 8, it just seems odd to me that I stayed ahead during the visits yet lost him.

jdrhammer 01-27-2009 09:23 AM

...and you had been hard selling him each week? Hmm. I don't know what to say about that. In season 1 of my current OD I snagged the #1 player in the nation and he went back and forth between Ole Miss(me), Florida(fellow user) and Texas Tech(cpu). He had soft committed to each of us and flipped between UF and me at least twice. The soft committing went on for at least 5 or 6 weeks total.

I guess it looks like there are some cases we can't determine. I have no idea unless the more prestigious teams have a little more pull or something.

noles_acc 01-27-2009 12:05 PM

How do you guys hard sell a recruit without him getting pissed off? Do you guys have an internal clock, especially when one hard sell pitch goes on for a long time, and the nerdy football smile turns to a straight face, then an eyebrow furrow?

jdrhammer 01-27-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noles_acc (Post 2039123701)
How do you guys hard sell a recruit without him getting pissed off? Do you guys have an internal clock, especially when one hard sell pitch goes on for a long time, and the nerdy football smile turns to a straight face, then an eyebrow furrow?

There is some sort of internal clock, I guess. I just get a feeling when it's been too long with out a sell. Once he drops from all teeth one notch down to a grin, I give it one more tick or two before I back out of that one and go to another one. He goes from grin to pissed quickly so I nix it before that point. I think it is key to move from hard selling one to another but I still go back to the one I just hard sold and try it again even if it was successful the first time. If it's someone I really want, one hour is the minimum and I try to get more. Sometimes it is difficult though.