Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Other Sports (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   UFC 2009 Undisputed Roster Announcement (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=290959)

hdaniel1 01-26-2009 10:19 PM

UFC 2009 Undisputed Roster Announcement (IGN)

IGN has posted a roster announcement for UFC 2009 Undisputed.

Quote:

"St. Pierre has compiled an impressive 17-2 record in professional MMA competition, including a controversial split decision victory over his opponent at UFC 94, Lightweight Champion B.J. Penn, in March of 2006. Only two men have ever defeated St. Pierre: Future UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes, who St. Pierre went on to defeat twice, and former UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra, who went on to knock out a year later."

allBthere 01-27-2009 01:17 PM

Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed Roster Announcement (IGN)

I didn't know this:

"should he defeat Penn for a second time, as White has already stated that he'd give St. Pierre an opportunity to face Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva and attempt to become the first fighter in the promotion's history to hold titles in two weight classes concurrently"

I hope to hell that happens...

the render is pretty good, but his eyes look brown and he should be less tanned and a bit more cut/ripped.

I wonder when they'll release a demo? They can do it far in advance of release if they want, which is another question.

shorty12345 01-27-2009 11:28 PM

Yea i agree St. Pierre is a bit more ripped/cut. I've never seen him out of shape for a fight. Without him in the game would've been a gamekiller for me.

sven 01-28-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2039123889)
I didn't know this:

"should he defeat Penn for a second time, as White has already stated that he'd give St. Pierre an opportunity to face Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva and attempt to become the first fighter in the promotion's history to hold titles in two weight classes concurrently"

I hope to hell that happens...

Why? Do you hate GSP?

allBthere 01-28-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sven (Post 2039126349)
Why? Do you hate GSP?

It's the best possible fight matchup...the best one we could see for an extremely long time.

plus I also believe GSP would win, I don't care what anyone says, I've found him to be more impressive.

MC Fatigue 01-28-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2039126996)
It's the best possible fight matchup...the best one we could see for an extremely long time.

plus I also believe GSP would win, I don't care what anyone says, I've found him to be more impressive.

I love GSP...

Silva would knock his *** out just like he did Irvin. He'd catch him, and he'd put him to sleep.

Pappy Knuckles 01-28-2009 11:54 AM

Silva would leave Canada in tears.

I think BJ is going to beat GSP but I'd love to see an Anderson/GSP fight. The destruction would be beautiful. As good as GSP is, Anderson would run through him. GSP hasn't fought an elite striker in his whole career. I know GSP doesn't "make the same mistake twice", but Silva ain't Matt Serra. If the fight happens I guarantee that GSP will get KO'd.

allBthere 01-28-2009 12:06 PM

you guys type as if you know everything...GSP would be THE BEST FIGHTER SILVA HAS EVER FACED PERIOD.

GSP imo is stronger than Silva, people say he is as strong as some heavyweights.

you guys have no reason to believe Silva would just 'roll right over him'.

What did Silva do against Cote?? GSP is much better than Cote.

The fact tha Sera knocked him down doesn't mean GSP has a glass jaw either, it doesn't really mean anything. He got caught with a haymaker that would have put Silva down too.