Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   I just did the unthinkable (/forums/showthread.php?t=293262)

jmood88 02-07-2009 11:04 AM

I just did the unthinkable

I got a ps3. What games should I buy? I hate baseball so I'm not getting The Show but here are the games I'm going to get:

Heavenly Sword
Little Big Planet
Pixel Junk Eden

Cyros 02-07-2009 11:14 AM

Re: I just did the unthinkable

Uncharted & Ratchet and Clank seem like fun games.

Blzer 02-07-2009 11:21 AM

Blasphemy! Baseball fan or not, you buy The Show.

I'm not much of a game-buyer. I mean I am, but I'm very choosy about what I get. I just can't justify $60 purchases left and right, especially when it only has a single player campaign (not much replay value). With that said, here is my small PS3 list:

- Little Big Planet (exclusive)
- Rock Band 2
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Skate
- SOCOM: Confrontation (exclusive)

And then I plan on getting The Show in a month. Anyway, there are some great PS3 exclusives out there (Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4), it's just all about what kind of games you play. One game that I cannot hold back from recommending is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. An epic game through and through, and though it's only single player, you'll want to play it again just to get the trophies (or to up a difficulty level). A sequel is bound for release sometime this year as well, so even if you don't buy it I suggest that you at the very least give it a rent.

And there are plenty of demos out there as well; that's where I spend the majority of my time playing games, finding out what my next spontaneous purchase will be. Aside from that, it's all Blu-ray and music listening for me.

PSN ID: Blzer

jmood88 02-07-2009 11:43 AM

Yeah Blu-Ray was the main reason for me getting the ps3. I just didn't want to just get a Blu-Ray player when I knew there were games that I would probably want later on.

I should've added that I'm really only looking for ps3 exclusives cause any multi-platform game I'm going to get the 360 version.

Skyboxer 02-07-2009 11:46 AM

Valkyria Chronicles!

Hammerhunker 02-07-2009 12:24 PM

I will echo the Uncharted recommendation. I am a nearly exclusive sports gamer, but Uncharted hooked me from git-go and held me through the entire game. It is a little older so it will be fairly cheap to pick up.

LingeringRegime 02-07-2009 12:26 PM

Uncharted, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Warhawk, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, The Show 09, and of course Killzone 2. IMO these are the best exclusives for the Trey.

eDotd 02-07-2009 12:34 PM

Uncharted, Killzone 2 in a couple weeks..