Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Weird glitches in Online Dynasty.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=295819)

cardinalbird5 02-17-2009 06:33 AM

Weird glitches in Online Dynasty....

Does anyone start to notice a great deal of glitches in online dynasties, especially when you play 3 or 4+ years in one?

I have seen a few annoying ones. For example, we are doing an online dynasty with conf-usa teams and the user with USM only had 7 scheduled conf games and had to schedule 5 OOC games. Has anyone seen this? Conf-USA is suppose to play 8 conf games with 5 in your own division and 3 from the other.

Another glitch I saw is when he would schedule us games at home or on the road and they would randomly switch during the schedule generation. I would try to get teams like FSU to play a home and home with me but, I ended up having to play them on the road 2 years in a row.

The recruiting starts to get weird too down the road. They really need to balance out the players better, because there is a surplus of DE's, QB's, HB's, and WR's and a lack of o-linemen, TE's, and SS's. So 4-5 years in dynasty mode, you start to see teams like USC not even having a center, so they start a walk-on (58 overall) at center.

I also think they need to do a better job with specifying the Athlete recruits. They should have multiple positions, rather than just saying Athlete.

Paytonno1son 02-17-2009 07:58 AM

Re: Weird glitches in Online Dynasty....

I have seen the scheduling change happen quite often. We also have a problem with the "Cutting Players". You will cut your players, set ready to advance and then some of them are still there after advancing and other players get cut. There are a whole bunch of items that need to be tightened up for 2010.

cardinalbird5 02-17-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paytonno1son (Post 2039196662)
I have seen the scheduling change happen quite often. We also have a problem with the "Cutting Players". You will cut your players, set ready to advance and then some of them are still there after advancing and other players get cut. There are a whole bunch of items that need to be tightened up for 2010.

Thats one I have not seen yet. I hope we don't run into that.

Bdawg497 02-17-2009 03:56 PM

We've run into a problem user/user games. The game just would not let one game occur. Each time both users would try to enter the game, it would boot one or both offline. We tried everything from re-inviting both teams into the league, to different variations of game invites. We finally had to sim the game.

We've also been running into issues with advancing the week, and the system leaving some users behind.

I've gotta say, awesome job to EA's QA group!

RynoAid 02-17-2009 04:08 PM

yea, we have 3 dynasty's that are beyond year 3, and i've noticed the following glitches...

1. The schedule changing after it's been submitted by commish.

2. Duplicate reporting of game results giving the winning team and extra win and the losing team an extra loss and doubling up on the stats from that game.

3. Switching the winning and losing teams from the actual game results.

4. In season progression does not occur for commish's of leagues, and they NEVER get players on hot streaks... ever...

5. Retiring of members when they play a scrimmage game with side version of the online dynasty and retire the side league.. it can't tell the difference from the real dynasty vs. the side dynasty.

Offseason bugs

1. Players staying does not work.. (as many have mentioned)

2. Commish has to login and log back out to gain access to advancing past week 3 of offseason recruiting otherwise it advances on to the next section of the offseason process.

3. The chat is buggy while moving from offseason task to offseason task and it's a crapshoot as to who can hear who after each advance point.

cardinalbird5 02-17-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RynoAid (Post 2039198142)
yea, we have 3 dynasty's that are beyond year 3, and i've noticed the following glitches...

1. The schedule changing after it's been submitted by commish.

2. Duplicate reporting of game results giving the winning team and extra win and the losing team an extra loss and doubling up on the stats from that game.

3. Switching the winning and losing teams from the actual game results.

4. In season progression does not occur for commish's of leagues, and they NEVER get players on hot streaks... ever...

5. Retiring of members when they play a scrimmage game with side version of the online dynasty and retire the side league.. it can't tell the difference from the real dynasty vs. the side dynasty.

Offseason bugs

1. Players staying does not work.. (as many have mentioned)

2. Commish has to login and log back out to gain access to advancing past week 3 of offseason recruiting otherwise it advances on to the next section of the offseason process.

3. The chat is buggy while moving from offseason task to offseason task and it's a crapshoot as to who can hear who after each advance point.

I recognized the bold too. One of our users got an extra win for nothing.

I haven't noticed the others really. The chat is buggy for parties too, so it is usually XBL or a connection problem.

I will have to check the progression next time for the commish. I haven't noticed that at all.

As for the guy above with the Bills Icon, those 2 probably could connect due to a connection problem. Usually if their NAT is set to Strict or Moderate it will cause problems. We never had that problem, except a few times and we just changed some settings to open up our NAT.

kestrel 02-17-2009 04:19 PM

The schedule bug happens offline, too. You'll set your schedule, acknowledge that you want to keep it, and one or some of your out-of-conference games will switch sites (e.g., home to away). If you go back into custom schedule right away and correct it back to the way you want and acknowledge the changes, they should stay how you set them.

I don't know if it'll work that way in an online dynasty or not, though, as I don't play in one.

RynoAid 02-17-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalbird7 (Post 2039198182)
I haven't noticed the others really. The chat is buggy for parties too, so it is usually XBL or a connection problem.

I will have to check the progression next time for the commish. I haven't noticed that at all.

No this is an EA chat problem, it's really prevelant when you do the offseason with 12 guys all in one night... if we do XBL chat, we don't have the issues.. but we can only have 8 of 12 members in there at a time. If we try to use the game chat with all 12, it's hit or miss.. 8 guys can hear everyone, the other 4 hear some people but dont hear others.. and most of the time the commish will have to log out and log back in if he wants to hear anybody after advancing through a portion of the offseason.

As far as progression, do check it out.. cause your commish is getting the screw job. He may get 1 point, rarely 2 points of in season progression compared to members getting 4-5-6 points during the season. And he will never get a hot streak on any player.