Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Idea for future Maddens... (/forums/showthread.php?t=296798)

redsfan4life 02-21-2009 06:07 PM

Idea for future Maddens...

I was playing NCAA on PS2 today and as you know that game has 'impact players'. I think that on '09 it has evolved to the point where it is not too arcade, and is actually done fairly well. They could maybe tone it down to where WR's are 'in the zone' on 3rd downs. I'm confident that if they had some time it would give some real life to teams, and add variety to the games you play during franchise. That's the one thing that bugs me about the game, every team feels the same. Get some variety in the game and all of a sudden you fix alot of problems with franchise. Impact players would just be a small idea, but it could lead to other bigger ones as it evolved on nex gen.

Just a random thought I had, thought I would post it. I know the developers of the game read this forum, so hopefully it is noted. People want VARIETY in their opponents, I was playing the Vikings and it seemed like they were oblivious to the fact that they have Adrian Peterson and a dominant offensive line. When I face them I should expect to have my hands full with AP all day, and maybe consider moving an 8th man into the box. When I play the Ravens/Steelers I should have to call some quick passes or screens to avoid the big blitz. When I face the Colts I should expect to see Manning audibling all the time (this is in PS2 a little...but horribly done) and running some no huddle. I did like the procedural awareness, I think it can be a big help to the WR/DB interaction as well as linemen picking up the blitz. But without 'variety' in teams, I don't feel this game will be one with much replay value. My two cents.