Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Making dynasty RPG-like (/forums/showthread.php?t=297297)

I Peench 02-23-2009 07:58 PM

Making dynasty RPG-like

I have seen talk about a coaching carousel, coaching staff, etc., all of which I like. But, I would like to suggest taking it a step further. How about you create a coach, edit everything about them (looks, attributes, style), and get hired 1 or 2 star program. As you continue to get better or worse depending on how you do, you get fired or obtain offers offers from other schools. I think it would be a blast, particularly on O.D. Then nobody could complain about someone getting a cheese team, as they would have to earn it.

Note: I feel like coaches name's and looks should be able to be edited irrespective of whether or not this mode was included.

ugadawgs29 02-23-2009 08:24 PM

Re: Making dynasty RPG-like

You can already change his name/looks.

It would be decent, but would suck for O.D.

Nice try, though.

MtneerManiac 02-23-2009 09:18 PM

How would it suck for OD? It sounds fantastic for OD, IMO.

I Peench 02-23-2009 09:27 PM

Yeah. Sorry I didn't know you could edit the coaches haha, thats good to know. But yes, I feel like it would be fun for OD...at least for a "change of pace" OD. Seems like every one I join there is a USC, Texas, Oklahoma, and a Florida. While I don't mind this, I thik it would be way more interesting to "fight" for these top tier programs. I think it would promote longevity as well, which seems to be a problem in these dynasties.

JAYMO76 02-23-2009 10:32 PM

:caflag:RPG would be great. Where I would really love to see the RPG experience is in recruiting. Make recruiting more alive... that would be great!

prowler 02-23-2009 10:50 PM

I think they should focus on gameplay.

But seriously, I like the idea but with a small caveat; I'd prefer there be an option of following the coach or following the school. If I pick a one star school and turn them into a contender and the coach wants to leave that's fine so long as I (the player) can continue at the same school, would add a new challenge to the game.

I Peench 02-23-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAYMO76 (Post 2039220510)
:caflag:RPG would be great. Where I would really love to see the RPG experience is in recruiting. Make recruiting more alive... that would be great!

Yeah, I think the possibilities with recruiting are endless. Can't wait to see how they spice it up this year.

Cane_Mutiny 02-24-2009 12:02 AM

I always play this way, starting with a 1-star school and then working my way up (usually to Miami). But if this were actually put into the game as a feature, it would be much more enjoyable.