Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 09 The Show Blog - Online Season Leagues and Improvements (/forums/showthread.php?t=297311)

Deutscher 02-23-2009 08:55 PM

MLB 09 The Show Blog - Online Season Leagues and Improvements

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers Online Season Leagues and Improvements.

Quote:

"The draft system rivals that of any fantasy sports system. It allows from 6-30 players to hold a FULL LIVE Draft, with the ability to set your draft day/time, pick timer/length, chat (and harass), view the Player Card/stats of available players, view the Player Card stats of other users in your league drafting. Another integral part of the draft system is the ability to set you draft queue. No matter how much planning you do, there’s always a chance you can’t physically be at your draft, or you may not be able to stay for the entire draft."

green94 02-23-2009 08:58 PM

Re: Producer Blog is UP! - Online Info

YES!

SoxFan01605 02-23-2009 08:58 PM

Don't play online much myself, but it sounds like they got some solid work done.:)

Shakedowncapo 02-23-2009 09:01 PM

I see no confirmation of camera angles..

And we'll see come release day...Not trusting anything lag wise right now(unfortunately)

green94 02-23-2009 09:04 PM

Didn't play any online last year, what's up with the camera angles?

NikSaban 02-23-2009 09:15 PM

Great features but I don't have confidence in their online stability. :(

backbreaker 02-23-2009 09:19 PM

more bs, who cares.

phillyfan23 02-23-2009 09:22 PM

This is all great info ...but the jury is still out on online play. If the game isn't smooth and there is still some lag, all of these features will be meaningless to me.

Just like i said when the previews came, if the game didn't up the hitting difficulty and improve hitting engine, all the other features would have been meaningless to me. ( By the way, the hitting engine this year is the best thing since sliced bread)

Same deal with online.....we will find out when we get the game. Hopefully the game experience is smooth as butter...but I'm not holding my breath.