Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Florida @Atlanta, Red Sox @ Yankees (/forums/showthread.php?t=297396)

Steve_OS 02-24-2009 05:45 AM

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Florida @Atlanta, Red Sox @ Yankees

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some more hit variations and defensive plays.

Craigsca 02-24-2009 06:41 AM

Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Florida @Atlanta, Red Sox @ Yankees

Another great video - thanks! Nothing scientific about this observation, but didn't it seem like the majority of extra-base hits were to the opposite field?

Overall, however, a great variety here. I remain pleasantly surprised by 2K9.

capa 02-24-2009 07:23 AM

Maybe it is just the sample shown, but it seemed most of the extra base hits went to the 2 exact places in the outfield to the wall. Could be just a coincidence.

C

Rhouston 02-24-2009 07:26 AM

Speaking of extra-base hits, the one at around the 3:00 mark in no way should be a triple. There was a hit just like this in the All-Star game video that gave the same reaction. It's like the base runners squirted some of that Comcast High-Speed mystery goo into their shoes. A stand up double, maybe one that requires a slide, but a triple?

Like the vast majority of the posters Steve, I appreciate you taking the time to post all these videos, but I can't help but notice more and more wrong with the game as I watch each one. Don't get me wrong, I'm noticing a lot of improvements from 2K8, but still, the flaws in the videos, as a result, are diminishing my hype for this game more and more. Anyone else feel the same?

Senor_Herbatron 02-24-2009 08:28 AM

I'm curious what difficulty the games on.

BigL 02-24-2009 08:31 AM

The missing frames when the pitchers release the ball is really annoying. Any chance of this being fixed?

Other than that, it's looking good.

MukaMuka 02-24-2009 08:45 AM

wow they completely screwed up Hideki Matsui's stance...i mean...it's just completely wrong

BigL 02-24-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MukaMuka (Post 2039221735)
wow they completely screwed up Hideki Matsui's stance...i mean...it's just completely wrong

It's been wrong the last 3 years. MVP baseball had it down perfectly.

I was also disappointed in Posada's stance. He has an open stance and comes more over the top with his elbow.