Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Presentation: THIS is how you do it (/forums/showthread.php?t=297644)

TheWatcher 02-25-2009 08:37 AM

Presentation: THIS is how you do it

MLB 2K9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvka9IQ4SA

MLB The Show 09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiETNxnBeK8</EMBED>

MLB The Show 09
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14307...020409.01.html

... that's how you get it done. Wow. I think I'm gonna start playing Baseball games now.

You guys think Madden could be like this someday?

johnprestonevans 02-25-2009 08:58 AM

Re: Presentation: THIS is how you do it

I couldnt agree more. I wonder when Ian will comment on their plans for Madden's presentation. I feel it is the biggest issue with that franchise right now. Im not even much of a baseball fan, but MLB 09 The Show looks SO good, that im considering ponying up for a PS3. Great gameplay, authentic presentation, deep franchise, online league depth, proper camera angles, accurate and natural sounding commentary, sweet looking broadcast quality replays, impressive graphics...what else can you ask for? If only this was NFL Football! This is what all sports games should be striving for. I really hope Madden 10 is heading in this direction.

Rashad19 02-25-2009 09:13 AM

I had a chance to play the 2K9 Demo last night and it finally hit me why presentation is such an important aspect of sports gaming. It truly felt like I was watching a broadcasted game on TV and I was fully immersed. I guess you can say I have seen the light. I really hope Madden 10 gives us this level and depth in the presentation department.

FadeEmAll 02-25-2009 09:26 AM

Yeah most reasonable people would agree that The Show has the deepest Franchise experience, best presentation, top gameplay, and well hell is pretty much the best sports sim out there. It suffers however from the fact that baseball has a 162 game season and the sport is just so boring to play for 9 inning on a consistent basis. I usually buy every major sports game each year (MLB, NBA2k9, Madden, and College Football) and for 5 years straight I have still failed to ever get past year 2 in baseball franchises. I only set out to play about a quarter of the games (about 40) but after 1 year man that's a whole lot of games....football and basketball iare just so more exciting.

johnprestonevans 02-25-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rashad19 (Post 2039226006)
I had a chance to play the 2K9 Demo last night and it finally hit me why presentation is such an important aspect of sports gaming. It truly felt like I was watching a broadcasted game on TV and I was fully immersed. I guess you can say I have seen the light. I really hope Madden 10 gives us this level and depth in the presentation department.

Thats just it. Ive said it before and ill say it again - it doesnt matter how good your player models and stadiums are rendered, if you dont approach your sports game with authentic camera angles and polished presentation then you are taken out of the experience. MLB2K9 has crude graphics, jerky animation transitions and not very detailed models, but it does presentation extremely well and thats proof how such elements can define the immersion of the experience. Madden has some incredible looking graphics, but they still havent figured out how to show them off properly IMO. I wont sleep easy until I see that EA is really working to make Madden look more broadcast authentic.

wheelman990 02-25-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 2039225938)
MLB 2K9

MLB The Show 09
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14307...020409.01.html

... that's how you get it done. Wow. I think I'm gonna start playing Baseball games now.

You guys think Madden could be like this someday?

For me, this is the video of the 3 that I would base my presentation wish off of. Its still not perfect, I can think of some better ways of doing things to move us out of the current trends of presentation in video games, but I will say I would be very happy if Madden equaled this. Very good.

Also, why not show some animations of the guys in the broadcast room every once in a while to show who is talking in the booth?(face with the voice) You could even do this between plays when they are making there comment. Timeouts and end of quarters take time, this is the perfect place for some nice presentation animations, dont rush the players back to the line, we were just doing that the last 10 minutes of that quarter. Time for a refreshing break. As far as halftime, build on 2k5, and make it much better. 2k5 was right on the mark in there time(2005). We should be way past the mark by now.

FadeEmAll 02-25-2009 09:35 AM

Well Ian says he has a copy of 2K5 that he streams in his office as ha reference point, so maybe some of that stuff will make it in the game.

roadman 02-25-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelman990 (Post 2039226052)
For me, this is the video of the 3 that I would base my presentation wish off of. Its still not perfect, I can think of some better ways of doing things to move us out of the current trends of presentation in video games, but I will say I would be very happy if Madden equaled this. Very good.

Also, why not show some animations of the guys in the broadcast room every once in a while to show who is talking in the booth?(face with the voice) You could even do this between plays when they are making there comment. Timeouts and end of quarters take time, this is the perfect place for some nice presentation animations, dont rush the players back to the line, we were just doing that the last 10 minutes of that quarter. Time for a refreshing break. As far as halftime, build on 2k5, and make it much better. 2k5 was right on the mark in there time(2005). We should be way past the mark by now.

If you are going to have all that, I'd like in-game saves as an option. 10 minute quarters in 09 are already taking over an 1 hr to play.