Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OMT- What We Need is Improved Presentation (/forums/showthread.php?t=298239)

boxtrev 02-27-2009 11:15 PM

OMT- What We Need is Improved Presentation

OMT, I know you have been receiving many requests for the latest iteration of NCAA Football, but please humor one more. For the last several NCAA installments, we have had to suffer through the same, repetitive commentary and shallow presentation. I think it has been said before and cannot be said enough: we need television style broadcast presentation. Here are some suggestions:

1) Pregame Introduction- Every college football fan knows that the excitement begins long before the opening kickoff. Give us a highlight of key players on both teams, Corso's prediction, team entrances, and the teams getting pumped on the sidelines before the kick off.

2) Sideline Reporting- This is something that was in previous Maddens and a feature which I never understood why it wasn't included in the NCAA series. There should be an onfield reporter who gives an update on the status of injured players. It is unrealistic and lame that we find out the nature of the injury of a player right after the injury occurs. The sideline reporter can also interview the coach at halftime.

3) New commentary- the commentary has been the same since 2004. Revamp it please. With next gen storage space, there should also be room enough for so much commentary that it is very rare to hear the same phrase twice.

4) Halftime show- Give us a halftime show in the ESPN studio with highlights and discussion from the previous half.

5) Postgame celebration- Bring back the gatorade being poured on the head couch. Show players celebrating and fans storming the field. Have the sideline reporter interview the winning head coach.

6) Weekly Recap Show- in dynasty mode, we should have a weekly show recapping the week's biggest games and providing us with news from around the league.

OMT- what is the likelihood we could see this implemented in 10?

JAYMO76 02-28-2009 11:56 PM

Re: OMT- What We Need is Improved Presentation

:caflag:We see this list every single week... hopefully 2010 will see a big improvement in atmosphere and presentation. OMT, what I would like to see is the return of the shaking screen aka 2006. Any chances of that?????

Dfiant1 03-01-2009 04:13 PM

I would love for all of the above suggestions to be in the next game. I will say that Gatorade showers and ripping down the goalposts should only happen when beating a higher ranked team. I also would love to see a huge post game celebration at least 3 minutes in length after winning the national championship.

longshanks 03-01-2009 05:15 PM

there's no tellin what all is gonna be in this next years version, they're adding a lot of new stuff but i don't think any presentation changes will be made at all, there hasn't been any since last gen, but we'll end up buying the game no matter what so it doesn't matter really, if it's in or not

bonannogiovanni 03-01-2009 05:31 PM

Up till now we have goal nets and wind socks. Referees, chain gang and sideline interactions would suffice to me. The above points are not doable in one development cycle.

Chessboxer1 03-01-2009 05:46 PM

the only presentation thing i'd care for is the player to watch before the game. in the last, last gen version they would show a qb dropping back, a wideout catching passes, a running back practicing cuts, etc. now, all you see is a name, and some numbers. other than that i don't care about presentation.

Dfiant1 03-01-2009 05:48 PM

Maybe not all of the above but they should be able to add 1 or 2 of them and hopefully the rest can be added the year after that. If all they add is field goal nets, referees and different end zones I doubt I will buy next years game, that's not good enough for me.

Allaboutme 03-01-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfiant1 (Post 2039245047)
Maybe not all of the above but they should be able to add 1 or 2 of them and hopefully the rest can be added the year after that. If all they add is field goal nets, referees and different end zones I doubt I will buy next years game, that's not good enough for me.

hopefully u dont ... but im sure you will with your 3 minute national championship celebration lol