Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Really Easy fix that needs to be in NCAA 10' (/forums/showthread.php?t=300381)

icetide 03-05-2009 03:30 PM

Really Easy fix that needs to be in NCAA 10'

Duplicate numbers. That has to be very easy for the NCAA team to add in there. Alabama probably has as many duplicate numbers as anyone and it's annoying when you can't make a player their correct number because your kicker is that number, etc. Please put in duplicate numbers, easy and important fix!

jdrhammer 03-05-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Really Easy fix that needs to be in NCAA 10'

I doubt they do this but they may figure something out. The rule is that two players with the same jersey # can not be on the field at the same time so EA would need a way to tell if a guy was already gonna be on the field with that number say if for kickoff one of the WR's and one of the DB's shared a #, one of them wouldn't be able to go in. I doubt they fix that. It would probably be a headache.

USC normally has several with duplicate #'s as well

jd369 03-05-2009 07:47 PM

not a big deal for me. after the originals graduate plenty of numbers to go around.

jaydee6385 03-06-2009 09:49 PM

Well if they add more roster space this has to be a must. I think

magicpig 06-20-2009 10:32 PM

Anyone? Anyone?

JAYMO76 06-20-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd369 (Post 2039267949)
not a big deal for me. after the originals graduate plenty of numbers to go around.

:caflag:Agreed! I have never really been a fan of the duplicate number rule anyways.

Rivals 06-20-2009 11:21 PM

I've been saying this for a very long time. Texas, Ohio State, USC, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Washington, Cal . . . Team Builder may actually be the best work around. There's also a work around when you create a player. If you want to create a player on a team with a used number, just find that number on another team in the selection field. Without stopping, bring that number back to the team you want to create your player on. Sometimes it doesn't show up until you go down or up a number after doing so.

For example, USC will have freshman Matt Barkley and freshman TJ McDonald both wearing No. 7 this season. Well, Barkley made the game with No. 7 because he played spring ball, McDonald did not. What you do is create McDonald.

You find a team with No. 7 available. Lets say Virginia is the closest team with a No. 7. Scroll over to UVA as your selection, choose No. 7 and then go straight back to USC. The No. 7 should pop up for you. Then you just create the rest of your player.