Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why isnt Reebok apart of the game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=300867)

nexdawg 03-06-2009 11:20 PM

Why isnt Reebok apart of the game?

As most people know Reebok is the only brand that make NFL jersey's they also make a select few college jersey's(Boston College comes to mind). My question is why arent they in NCAA? Shouldnt there exclusive deal with the NFL trickle down to NCAA? Does anybody know if the Reebok trademark is on the Madden game(I cant remember)? If not why hasnt EA made a deal with Reebok if only because they have the deal with the NFL? If anybody out there knows I would love to hear especially from anyone apart of the development team(OMT)?!

ChiSox05 03-07-2009 12:20 AM

Re: Why isnt Reebok apart of the game?

Well I dont think the deal with the NFL wont include Reebok. I think they just dont want to pay for it to be in the game.

dex26- 03-07-2009 01:09 AM

Reebok recently made some new uniforms for a team, either Cincy or some other team that just did their unis.

Allaboutme 03-07-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexdawg (Post 2039273076)
As most people know Reebok is the only brand that make NFL jersey's they also make a select few college jersey's(Boston College comes to mind). My question is why arent they in NCAA? Shouldnt there exclusive deal with the NFL trickle down to NCAA? Does anybody know if the Reebok trademark is on the Madden game(I cant remember)? If not why hasnt EA made a deal with Reebok if only because they have the deal with the NFL? If anybody out there knows I would love to hear especially from anyone apart of the development team(OMT)?!

They probably didnt want to pour anymore money into it like that , and besides its not gonna kill the game cuz im not gonna zoom in on uniforms just to see a logo.

nexdawg 03-07-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allaboutme (Post 2039273574)
They probably didnt want to pour anymore money into it like that , and besides its not gonna kill the game cuz im not gonna zoom in on uniforms just to see a logo.

I didnt say it was a make or break but with ever NFL team jersey being made by Reebok I would think it would be a no brainer that EA would work on some kinda deal with Reebok for the rights.(considering I have read some threads were guys where complaining about the color of there teams jersey's and the font in there teams endzone was off I would think this would be a big deal for them) And isnt it the companies (ie nike and under armour) who pays EA when they use there trademark in the game? So even if little or no money is exchanged it seem like a good business deal for both companies ie a no brainer. Maybe the heads at Reebok or a bunch of tight asses IDK ,but they were the first to sponser rappers even nike dont sponser hip-hop artists so they cant be that up tight.

TheWatcher 03-07-2009 07:39 AM

There's the Reebok thing which is a small thing, but then you think deeper and start asking: Why aren't bands part of the game? Why isn't a coaching presence part of the game? Why isn't a fan presence part of the game? And so on. Cutscenes certainly would help that situation...

I'd be shocked if EA would pay a company like Reebok to be in the game. I'd think that would be the reverse since Reebok would essentially be advertising their name and mark in the game in some way, but I'm not sure how those two entities would structure the deal, I just know that usually a company like Reebok would be paying for inclusion.

shanemaddox 03-07-2009 08:29 AM

If I remember correctly, Reebok and Adidas merged a few years back. They were gonna keep the Reebok name and NFL licensing...but will no longer use Reebok for college. And if you think about it, when was the last time you saw a school use Reebok? Northwestern used to, now they are Adidas. Cincinnati was a Nike school, but now they are Adidas. New Balance got into the picture a couple years ago when they designed uniforms for Central Michigan.

I think it's been like 2004-2005 since I saw a team in college with a Reebok logo. I could be wrong.

Shane

shanemaddox 03-07-2009 08:33 AM

Before any mentions it, I'm dumb. I totally remember Boston College wearing it. In fact, I think they still do.

My bad. I should research the stipulations on the merger instead of going by memory.

But this brings up another question, how many D-I teams do still wear Reebok?

Shane