Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No FCS schools! I will deal but please! (/forums/showthread.php?t=301363)

da ThRONe 03-08-2009 02:34 PM

No FCS schools! I will deal but please!

I want them to come up with something better then the teams they use to sub for FCS schools. So that I dont have to take my starters out in the first quarter so i dont hang 150 on the score board against them. We have seen enough tough games even upset from FCS schools that they shouldnt be big time push overs(even if they arent in the game). Hope going "sim" will make every game more challenging but its double important to add some skill(or just plain ole common sense) to the FCS school subs!

Allaboutme 03-08-2009 02:56 PM

Re: No FCS schools! I will deal but please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by da ThRONe (Post 2039278100)
I want them to come up with something better then the teams they use to sub for FCS schools. So that I dont have to take my starters out in the first quarter so i dont hang 150 on the score board against them. We have seen enough tough games even upset from FCS schools that they shouldnt be big time push overs(even if they arent in the game). Hope going "sim" will make every game more challenging but its double important to add some skill(or just plain ole common sense) to the FCS school subs!

You can also just take them off your schedule at the beginning of every season.

da ThRONe 03-08-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allaboutme (Post 2039278168)
You can also just take them off your schedule at the beginning of every season.

I like to keep my seasons as close to sim a possible. That would require me to play a school that i dont really play. I should've have to change my schedule they should fix it!

jdrhammer 03-08-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da ThRONe (Post 2039278210)
I like to keep my seasons as close to sim a possible. That would require me to play a school that i dont really play. I should've have to change my schedule they should fix it!

I see what you're saying but this isn't the only thing EA does that doesn't make sense. You'd be better off playing one of the directional schools that is in the game. It's not that big of a deal really. Nearly everyone plays a D-1AA but they have the option of changing the schedule. If you want it to be as close to real as possible just play a patsy that your team has played before.

da ThRONe 03-08-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2039278300)
I see what you're saying but this isn't the only thing EA does that doesn't make sense. You'd be better off playing one of the directional schools that is in the game. It's not that big of a deal really. Nearly everyone plays a D-1AA but they have the option of changing the schedule. If you want it to be as close to real as possible just play a patsy that your team has played before.

I understand this isnt tops on the "EA pleases fix list" but its on there and its one I havent read anybody addressing so I did! I heard people complaining about endzone art and this is way more important than that so you dont have to tell me how legit my complaint is thank you!

da ThRONe 03-08-2009 03:50 PM

Even though this kinda should be fix by default when they go sim everywhere else. But right now those sub teams just is trash. Its just EA putting band-aids over bullet wounds again.

jdrhammer 03-08-2009 03:52 PM

Not saying it isn't legit. I'd prefer all FCS schools being in with complete seasons but I think he's mentioned how that is unlikely to happen. I'd be happy with the top 20 being in and getting transfers and rejects from other schools and recruiting each year so we could play them but I just didn't think it would be as big a deal since we have so many other teams to choose from.

da ThRONe 03-08-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2039278378)
Not saying it isn't legit. I'd prefer all FCS schools being in with complete seasons but I think he's mentioned how that is unlikely to happen. I'd be happy with the top 20 being in and getting transfers and rejects from other schools and recruiting each year so we could play them but I just didn't think it would be as big a deal since we have so many other teams to choose from.

I think most people want FCS schools. And we both agree its not a big deal but you can never bring up to many things for them to look into.