Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside) (/forums/showthread.php?t=301496)

TheWatcher 03-08-2009 11:10 PM

So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside)

Are we getting this game where we get great shots like this actually occurring in auto-replays?:

Or are we getting the game in the second photo below, that basically looks just like last year's and we never see cool shots like the first shot during any point of the game?

... which one is it gonna be?

Solidice 03-08-2009 11:15 PM

Re: So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside)

I'm sure both were taking using manual replays.

BTW, when did that photo come out?

ChiSox05 03-08-2009 11:26 PM

Where did you find the first photo?

TheWatcher 03-08-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039280164)
I'm sure both were taking using manual replays.

BTW, when did that photo come out?

It hadn't... until this thread ;)

TheWatcher 03-08-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiSox05 (Post 2039280216)
Where did you find the first photo?

I'm always watch'in :wink:

Glorious Arc 03-08-2009 11:50 PM

Most games dont have the look of their still pics from instant replay. I remember zooming in on a basketball game in replay and they detail came to life the closer I got to the players.

So really we are getting both. The amazing look when you go into replay and look at them and the same ol same ol of years before during gameplay

Solidice 03-09-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorious Arc (Post 2039280275)
Most games dont have the look of their still pics from instant replay. I remember zooming in on a basketball game in replay and they detail came to life the closer I got to the players.

So really we are getting both. The amazing look when you go into replay and look at them and the same ol same ol of years before during gameplay

plus screens that come straight from the dev are usually better quality too. '09 looked good in still shots on the TV, but by the time you saved the photo to HD and uploaded it to ESW site, the quality drops. but if you took a screen straight from the TV(TV capture card, etc.) it would look a lot better. I'm sure EA used some kind of capture card for their screens.

I could upload and show you some pics of NCAA '07(360) and the game looked good(player models weren't as good as '09 though), because the resolution of the saved screenshots in '07 were better. '07 didn't use the game-to-web upload feature, but you could take the picture off the hard drive and convert it to .jpg on your PC.

i did notice in the screenshot that the "shine" seemed to be toned down, but it could have been the time of the game though.

TheWatcher 03-09-2009 12:48 AM

Having it in user created replays won't be so bad. But I'm really, really hoping for these shots to show up in auto-replays. It would really add a lot to the presentation. I don't know how you guys feel, but to me the auto-replays in this game could be a whole lot stronger and more immersive.