Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is it just me or... (/forums/showthread.php?t=301688)

Krodis 03-09-2009 04:12 PM

Is it just me or...

Are outs, corners, and posts just completely shenanigans in this game? I just played a game against someone who pretty much only ran those three routes. I knew they were coming. I tried all sorts of defenses. And nothing worked. Even if I did manage to get a guy in the direct vicinity of the receiver, half the time the ball was completed anyway.

Am I just doing something wrong?

ANDROMADA 1 03-09-2009 04:56 PM

Re: Is it just me or...

there are some known exploits in this gm and a few threads about them.....so try to play people from the forum you'll have a better gm experience overall.the hot corner is a big one....I personally find other things weak that the opp does such as

corner kick A.I doesnt recognize.
Goin for two in first quarter or ....
quick snap after audilbe
FG block glitch....Its just an extra point really?
overuse of screens ala earl cant catch a cold campbell...etc....

i could mention more but its redundant....just find better quality opponents...:spit:

kcxiv 03-09-2009 05:20 PM

have to learn how to defend that. Its easy after you figure out how someone plays.

they are easily defendable

Krodis 03-09-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 2039282988)
have to learn how to defend that. Its easy after you figure out how someone plays.

they are easily defendable

Anything specific to stopping these particular routes?

kjell1979 03-09-2009 07:36 PM

Most cover 4 routes stop the posts and fades. As for the out routes, it depends on how deep the out routes are. Anything under 10 yards can be stopped with cover 2 soft or bump man because you have the underneath taken away. With the deep outs play, I find the corners defense works pretty well, as does cover 2 man. If the person is abusing it, just hot route the safety to play an underneath zone and you'll likely get a pick.

butterknife26 03-09-2009 07:58 PM

It's you....all those routes can be defended. There is a defense that stops everything but not one defense stops everthing. No matter what defense you run there will be holes in it. Cover 4 is good vs the fade, post, and corner, but quick slants, crosing patterns, deep outs by the slot receiver and anything in the flats will kill it. Pick your poision based on your opponents tendencies.

I suggest you practive vs the computer to see what defenses cover what area and also play against superior competion and see how they defend some of those plays against you.

CreatineKasey 03-09-2009 10:20 PM

Where defense gets tough is when someone runs an out, post and corner all in the same play. It takes some good hot routes to handle that.

Quick snaps after audibles are fine by me. You had time to set up your D. The offense doesn't need to wait to for the D to adjust to their adjustment, that's silly.

kjell1979 03-10-2009 07:34 AM

Not necessarily, there are some coverages like cloud that concentrate on one side of the field and can stop both routes assuming the person is running both plays on the one side.