Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How will speed stop from being the "all powerful" rating (/forums/showthread.php?t=302548)

Glorious Arc 03-12-2009 09:15 PM

How will speed stop from being the "all powerful" rating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039168854)
Great questions guys.

I'll defer to Donny on how he envisions us making sure that speed doesn't turn into the "all powerful" rating. :)

I tried finding the answer to this in some of the old posts but I couldnt find it. Did Donny ever respond and if he didnt then how will speed stop from being all powerful?

adembroski 03-12-2009 09:47 PM

Re: How will speed stop from being the "all powerful" rating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorious Arc (Post 2039296359)
I tried finding the answer to this in some of the old posts but I couldnt find it. Did Donny ever respond and if he didnt then how will speed stop from being all powerful?

going from this...

to this...

Glorious Arc 03-12-2009 09:54 PM

Yes that would help but what about RBs who have 99 speed and an overall of 50 being able to out perform a running back with 84 speed with an overall of 99?

I know the WR are somewhat fixed because route running means something now but what about rocket catching making every player being able to perform above their stats?

CVELL 03-12-2009 09:57 PM

I like that.

adembroski 03-12-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorious Arc (Post 2039296495)
Yes that would help but what about RBs who have 99 speed and an overall of 50 being able to out perform a running back with 84 speed with an overall of 99?

Theoretically, with all of the speed ratings so much closer together, a 99 speed wont be enough to differentiate one player from the next. That 99 SPD HB with 50 overall will have such low special move and break tackle ratings, he'll have to go untouched to take advantage of his speed... which'll be more difficult now.

When it comes down too it, it'll be about tuning.

Glorious Arc 03-12-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2039296538)
Theoretically, with all of the speed ratings so much closer together, a 99 speed wont be enough to differentiate one player from the next. That 99 SPD HB with 50 overall will have such low special move and break tackle ratings, he'll have to go untouched to take advantage of his speed... which'll be more difficult now.

When it comes down too it, it'll be about tuning.

This also means lower D stats lower tackle, pursuit, hit power, speed, ect ect ect so it could also be easier to run free with a 99 speed back. They said already that 80(or 84) speed I think was enough to break a 50 yard run by following blocks.

Almost everyone knows that speed was one of the few stats that matter in madden 09 and even NCAA 09 because the rest didnt matter/work.

That being said I didnt feel a 99 speed back was that much faster then a 90 speed back when I played madden but in real life thats like asking Chris Johnson to run against Jonathan Stewart. Chris Johnson will outrun defenders quite often with ease in comparison to Jonathan Stewart. With the All-Pro setup this is going to be changed to make it even less of a difference.

They havent shown anything that changes the rocket catch changing your players stats so he can perform it or the stats not mattering because the user is controlling him. So what would the solution be with a WR?

EDIT:
CVELL brought up another important factor in another thread. What about the animation that makes RBs fall forward? So I have a back with 99 speed and 50 strength and he will fall forward even if he gets hit if I push the right buttion.

Sanchez_Mareno 03-12-2009 11:24 PM

Speed has now become about being untouched. Speed backs will mainly work in space now. Draws sweeps etc

seriousluboy83 03-13-2009 12:05 AM

honestly this speed thing EA is doing prolly wont make a difference...the game will still be too fast looking at tha chart what they need to do IMO is take everyone's speed down 5 points it would work....only a slim few would be in the 90+ category so that's my solution

p.s. even tho alotta ratings didnt work last yr (madden 09) i myself took every players spd down 5 points and there were hardly any breakaways ever top spd in the league was 94 by devin hester and chris johnson....try it

AREVA DERCHE