Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Well my online experience is ruined (/forums/showthread.php?t=302694)

lionsfan715 03-13-2009 01:25 PM

Well my online experience is ruined

I was midway through season 2 of my big 10 online dynasty then all of it sudden it corrupts, no one can retire it and i am commish and i cannot retire it either. I contact EA through the phone service and after several emails this is what the tell me:

Hi

Unfortunately, the files cannot be deleted. Yes, that does mean you will not be able to be a dynasty commissioner on this version of the game any longer. I apologize for the inconvnience, please accept the following code for $20 off your next purchase from the EA store (eastore.ea.com):

EA Store $20 off Coupon -

I am sorry, but there is no way to delete this file, if we could resolve the issue I promise you we would.

Regards

GM Tinman
EA Games
Player Relations

Whatta load of crap, EA doesnt have control over thier own servers. I coulda swore i saw this happen to people last year and EA was able to fix thiers. So all that work trying to keep my dynasty going for nothin (recruting people, running boards, scheduling) and i finally had a great group of players, and on top of that i can never be commishinor again so this game is worthless now. Then he offers me 20 dollars of at the EA store, like i wanna buy another crappy EA game. Whatta joke

mmorg 03-13-2009 01:29 PM

Re: Well my online experience is ruined

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionsfan715 (Post 2039298818)
I coulda swore i saw this happen to people last year and EA was able to fix thiers.

There was Online Dynasty last year huh?

jdrhammer 03-13-2009 01:32 PM

That sucks. I'd go mad if my OD went down.

You could look at the bright side though. At least EA is paying you $20 so they can screw you again. The rest of us don't get a paid anything for them to give us a good rogering. lol.

OMT 03-13-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionsfan715 (Post 2039298818)
I was midway through season 2 of my big 10 online dynasty then all of it sudden it corrupts, no one can retire it and i am commish and i cannot retire it either. I contact EA through the phone service and after several emails this is what the tell me:

Hi

Unfortunately, the files cannot be deleted. Yes, that does mean you will not be able to be a dynasty commissioner on this version of the game any longer. I apologize for the inconvnience, please accept the following code for $20 off your next purchase from the EA store (eastore.ea.com):

EA Store $20 off Coupon - b4jp2oxfr

I am sorry, but there is no way to delete this file, if we could resolve the issue I promise you we would.

Regards

GM Tinman
EA Games
Player Relations

Whatta load of crap, EA doesnt have control over thier own servers. I coulda swore i saw this happen to people last year and EA was able to fix thiers. So all that work trying to keep my dynasty going for nothin (recruting people, running boards, scheduling) and i finally had a great group of players, and on top of that i can never be commishinor again so this game is worthless now. Then he offers me 20 dollars of at the EA store, like i wanna buy another crappy EA game. Whatta joke

It is tied to your gamer tag. Can you create a new one?

lionsfan715 03-13-2009 02:42 PM

to the first guy i was talking about last year being the end of 2008 when people were having problems.

And to OMT. It is the file that is corrupt, so whenever anyone else tries to host it it automatically loads the old one and wont let anyone get in. The only way it can be rehosted is if the original is deleted. And also half of our members cant rejoin cuz they now have 1 or 2 used slots of the corrupt dynasty that is unretirable so they cannot join a new one till the old one is deleted as well.

muggins 03-13-2009 02:50 PM

You should probably take the $20 code out JIC you ever want to purchase an EA game again. Someone else will use it.

MMAsterkillah 03-13-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muggins (Post 2039299215)
You should probably take the $20 code out JIC you ever want to purchase an EA game again. Someone else will use it.

Shhhhhhh.... lol

rolltide1017 03-13-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah (Post 2039299280)
Shhhhhhh.... lol

The code comes up invalid anyway, I already tried it.

Don't get mad at me either, he's the one that posted it online. I'd like to save a few $$ off the ridiculous price of video games these days as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love NCAA but, I don't feel that any game is truly worth $60. Doesn't mean I don't buy some games but, I don't buy anywhere near the number I use to.