Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 2009 Sim Style Online Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=302775)

gibby289 03-13-2009 07:01 PM

NCAA Football 2009 Sim Style Online Dynasty

This will be a SEC only dynasty. Please post your PSN and a team. I am looking for Sim Style players only. Must abide by rules and be active in this forum.

Dynasty Overview
This is a PS3 online dynasty for mature players that is sim style (no cheesing - must bench starters in blowouts). It will be using 8-minute quarters HEISMAN sliders posted at the bottom of this thread. Perhaps for someone with average or above average human vs human stick skills (I’m probably terrible though). I’m a working man so I’m thinking something like this would be good for others in a similar situation. We advance every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday during the season and nightly during the off-season.

As for team selection, I want to encourage interaction but don’t want to load us up with too many hum vs hum games as scheduling these only slows down our progress. I would like to aim for 2-3 scheduled hum vs hum games per player per season with 2 being the sweet spot. Maybe one intra-conference and one inter-conference. I also would love to see team representation from all regions of the country but that’s not a priority. The general rule is a maximum of two human teams per conference. For the 12-team superconferences that have two divisions we would have a maximum of one human team per division. Here is our current alignment:

ACC
Atlantic Division = FSU - ugotmercked (Rollins8)
Coastal Division = Miami - RuFF_NeXX (deadlyCane)

BIG EAST
Slot 1 = West Virginia - Domdog31 (both PSN and OS)
Slot 2 = OPEN

BIG TEN
slot 1 = Michigan - Goatstain (Scrapps)
slot 2 = OPEN

BIG 12
North Division = Mizzou - Mofomagic (badboydrake)
South Division = Texas Tech - gibby289 (gibby289)

C-USA
East Division = East Carolina - Controllerabuser (Controllerabuser)
West Division = Tulsa - MarinerDude (Sean_C)

PAC TEN
slot 1 = USC - robbiedizzle (robbiedizzle)
slot 2 = Oregon -bdawkins20 (bdawkins20)

SEC
East Division = Georgia - Dogslax41 (PSN and OS)
West Division = Auburn - Golfer26 (jimuna26)

All other conferences have two open slots each and you can choose any team.

Rosters
I downloaded cdj’s roster from the EA locker. I’ve made some corrections but I think it is basically the opening day rosters. My corrections are mainly a couple teams in the ACC and some spot changers here and there.

Communication
This thread serves as the official league communication. While we encourage using e-mail and the PSN message system as backups, communication in this thread serves as official communication to settle disputes. This includes setting up user games.

8-Minute Heisman Sliders Settings
Code:
PS3 National Heisman Sliders Challenge Dynasty - 8 Minute Heisman Sliders

OFFENSE
Category User CPU
QB Accuracy 50 40
Pass Blocking 30 0
WR Catching 15 5
RB Ability 50 55
Run Blocking 55 60

DEFENSE
Category User CPU
Awareness 50 70
Knockdowns 100 100
Interceptions 0 0
Break Block 65 65
Tackling 60 60

SPECIAL TEAMS
Category User CPU
FG Power 10 0
FG Accuracy 30 5
Punt Power 50 50
Punt Accuracy 50 50
Kickoff Power 60 70

NOTE: All penalties are set to 95.
Gameplay Rules (apply to both user vs cpu and user vs user games)
- No cheese rolling around with your QB from sideline to sideline.

- No going for it on 4th down unless you are at least at your 45-yard line, at which point it must be 4th and no more than 3 yards.

- If you are at the 50-yard line and trailing, you can go for it on any 4th down and any distance.

- No running up the score, if you are ahead of a human or cpu by at least 35 in the second half, you must bring in your subs (mass subs).

- No running up the score, if you are ahead of a human or cpu by at least 35 in the second half, you must make serious attempts to run the ball.

- If the game has already been decided and you are ahead late in the 4th quarter, no tacking on an extra field goal.

Position Changes Rules
IN-SEASON SUB RULES

* Qb - only QB's (if all injured, then any player with highest thp or tha, followed by a player with less than 90 speed)
* HB - only HB's, FBs, TEs, LB or WR
* FB - only FB, TE, HB (HB must be at least 230 pounds AND speed less than 90)
* TE - only TE, FB, or HB with height of at least 6'3", weight of at least 230 pounds AND speed less than 90. If no one roster meet all criteria, you must use an OL or DL.
* WR -only WR
* OL - any online
* DLINE -any Dline
* LB - only LB
* DB's -any DB

- You can use your formation package subs all you want.

OFF-SEASON POSITION CHANGES
* QB- any Player that has above either of 70 thp or tha (incl. ATH)
* HB- any FB, or WR (the wr's wont matter because they fumble alot, tradeoff unless you have weak *** sliders)
* FB- TE, HB, LB or ATH. (HB being converted must be at least 230 pounds AND speed Less than 90 - ATH must meet same criteria as HB Being converted)
* WR - HB, FB, TE, DB, QB.
* TE - LB, FB, HB, DE, OT, DT (HB must be at least 6'3", weight must be at least 230 pounds AND speed less than 90 - WR must be at least 6'3", 230 pounds AND speed less than 90 to be converted to TE - ATH must meet same criteria as WR being converted)
* DE - LB, TE, DT (no 90 or more speed), or ATH of at least 240 lbs and speed less than 90.
* DT - DE at least 240 lbs and speed less than 85, ATH at least 240 lbs and speed less than 85.
* LB - DE, S, TE, FB, HB, or ATH who is at least 220 lbs and speed less than 90.
* CB - WR, HB, FB, TE, QB, S
* S - CB, HB, WR, TE, FB, LB

- Athletes can be used any where without conditions unless otherwise specified above.

- If you recruit a player and he is over 90 speed at TE, DE or FB its ok but he has to be legit.

Recruiting Rules
a). Each user team is allowed to sign a maximum of eighteen (18) players in any given season. NO EXCEPTIONS (don't even ask - who cares if all your team graduates or leaves early)!!!

b). Of the eighteen (18) maximum players, no more than fourteen (14) of those shall be of 4-star caliber or greater. Alternately worded, the maximum number of 4 and 5 star players combined must total no more than fourteen (14).

c). If a user team goes over the maximum of eighteen (18) total OR the fourteen (14) 4-star plus caliber players, they will be placed on probation for one (1) season. During the probation season (the first season after the violation), the user will lose two (2) overall scholarships and two (2) 4-star plus scholarships for every limit they go over. Refer to the following examples:
Ex.1, the user signs fourteen (14) 4-star plus and twenty (20) overalls in 2009. The user is put on probation and is permitted to sign only ten (10) 4-star plus and fourteen (14) overalls in 2010 (they lose 4 scholarships on each level).

Ex. 2, the user signs fifteen (15) 4-star plus and eighteen (18) overalls in 2009. The user is put on probation and is permitted to sign only twelve (12) 4-star plus and sixteen (16) overalls in 2010.
Ex. 3, the user signs fifteen (15) 4-star plus and twenty (20) overalls in 2009. The user is put on probation and is permitted to sign only eight (8) 4-star plus and fourteen (14) overalls.
d). If a user is on probation, their probation maximums become the numbers on which they are judged to determine whether they've violated the rules a second time. Once they clear the probation period, they go back to the maximum of 14 4-star plus and 18 overalls.

e). - Violation of the scholarship limit a second time, whether it is the regular maximum of eighteen (18), the 4-star plus maximum of fourteen (14) or any of the probation maximums, is grounds for dismissal. At a minimum, it will result in further reduction in scholarship limits for that user, and removal of the excess recruits.

f). In addition to the above described penalties, the Commissioner may also choose which players to cut in order to bring the number of awarded scholarships down to the maximum of eighteen (18) overall or the maximum of fourteen (14) 4-star plus.

skersalltheway 03-15-2009 01:54 PM

Re: NCAA Football 2009 Sim Style Online Dynasty

alright so i only get to pick from a couple of teams or are you starting a new one and those people that have those teams really don't have those teams... cuz if it's the case where i can pick any team of course i want nebraska or if i can only choose from a couple of teams i want penn st. in the big ten

gibby289 03-15-2009 04:57 PM

Re: NCAA Football 2009 Sim Style Online Dynasty

im not sure yet i am going to wait for people to get on here and talk on this forum and get 12 people it might take a week or so idk