Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Players Degression (/forums/showthread.php?t=303429)

da ThRONe 03-16-2009 02:19 PM

Players Degression

We all know about players pregressions both during the season and post season. What I want is player to degress during the season. How many times has a player won the job in the spring only to lose it not to injury but through poor proformance? Just like I would like for players to be pulled in-game do to poor play(at every position) I want them to lose there starting job for the season. I would love for a player (Lets say Tim Tebow) to start as a 99 and end the season 90 or worst. And IMO I think degressing player should happen more than pregressing players.

NikB13 03-16-2009 03:23 PM

Re: Players Degression

I think its a fantastic idea if used correctly. there would have to be some sort of goal list or something for the players to meet. if not the degression would be based on stats alone. stats have to be a factor yes but something else too, like make all-american or something idk. but i definitely think there should be degression of some kind.

G-Rapid Da Don 03-16-2009 06:33 PM

It could affect imported drafts by having people who dropped during the season going from a possible 1st round pick 2 like a 3rd round pick. since it happens IRL it should happen in the game.

da ThRONe 03-17-2009 08:01 PM

I also wouldnt mind seeing injuries hamper player long term. If some guy blows his knee his overall ratings take a hit.

Potatoes002 03-17-2009 08:32 PM

Ya I agree or if your quarterback has 0 td's and 20 int's then his rating should drop dramatically.

CLEAR17 03-17-2009 09:55 PM

Yea i agree with this...Like this year Chase Daniel was highly rated (i think 97), but by season's end he was not performing at the rating he had.

TrevJo 03-18-2009 07:56 PM

I think player degression would be frustration, and would serve to make the poor get poorer. However, they have hot streaks, I think it would be cool if they had cold streaks. The player's base attributes wouldn't be permanently damaged but if they play badly their temporary attributes will be reduced until they snap out of it. (And if they get benched, they stay in the cold streak.)

da ThRONe 03-18-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevJo (Post 2039318302)
I think player degression would be frustration, and would serve to make the poor get poorer. However, they have hot streaks, I think it would be cool if they had cold streaks. The player's base attributes wouldn't be permanently damaged but if they play badly their temporary attributes will be reduced until they snap out of it. (And if they get benched, they stay in the cold streak.)

Its suppose to be frustrating! But the point is it real. I dont really see how they can reward player for playing well but do nothing to the players that preform poorly. This is a no brainer that this needs to be add its simple but its "sim"