Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Conference Logos will not change. (/forums/showthread.php?t=303432)

JayD 03-16-2009 02:38 PM

Conference Logos will not change.

So we now have the ability to change conferences but when you are playing on your home field, playing your first game in the Big Ten and wait a minute the field logo still says WAC and my uniforms still say WAC, what gives??? Anyways got a message saying that on field conference logos will not change to your new conference when you make the switch. I was really hoping that this would of been changed but eh.....

kindella2 03-16-2009 02:45 PM

Re: Conference Logos will not change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2039309220)
So we now have the ability to change conferences but when you are playing on your home field, playing your first game in the Big Ten and wait a minute the field logo still says WAC. Anyways got a message from OMT saying that on field conference logos will not change to your new conference if you make the switch................. LAME!!!!!

No one is gonna wanna hear this but that makes sense. They would have to have each and every stadium redone for every different conference which would take up memory on the game.

They dont even have all of the stadiums up to date with endzones so i wouldnt expect them to have the ability for every conference change for the logo on the field to change. :frown:

Allaboutme 03-16-2009 02:46 PM

Is it so lame that you wont buy the game? if not then i suggest that you treat it like mascot games and don't use it.

JayD 03-16-2009 02:47 PM

Im still going to buy the game i just wish little things like this would actually get fixed. I re worded my post, lol.

justmanj 03-16-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2039309267)
Im still going to buy the game i just wish little things like this would actually get fixed.

The thing is, this it may be a little thing as far as appearance, but it would take BIG work. Countless hours of just doing a field and a jersey for every single FBS conference patch is ridiculous when its not necessary.

Murph 03-16-2009 04:40 PM

Maybe in NCAA '11, they can simply remove the logo when you change conferences or replace it with a generic NCAA logo.

You won't have your new conference logo on the field, but at least it won't be the wrong logo. I'm assuming this will save time and memory space.

Just a thought.

moylan1234 03-16-2009 06:36 PM

kindella2 & justmanj, the devs have already stated that the same tech that is used for bowl endzone art could be used to adress this issue. so no need to go through and make every stadium/uniform with every possible conference logo. they do have the ability to simply swap them out for eachother. apparently they either just ran out of time to implement it along with the feature or didn't think it was important to enough people.

also, all this is already being discussed under the thread for custom conferences fyi

justmanj 03-16-2009 06:41 PM

I guess we can thank god for this day and age of technology because we've got over 110 FBS schools with 12 conferences and each have at least 2 jerseys and 1 field (i understand some teams don't put their conference on their jerseys/field). Thats A LOT of possibilities that you would have to develop for really something pointless. I could care less if i'm WKU and i got in the Big XII and my field and jersey says Sun Belt.

I do agree though with just the ability to the conference logos removed. Seems a whole hell of a lot easier