Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum (/forums/showthread.php?t=303473)

Ian_Cummings 03-16-2009 04:54 PM

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog. This one covers player momentum.

Quote:

"Hey Madden fans, it's that time again...time for another weekly blog update! Last week, I shared some of the details around the successes and challenges we've had in trying to create simulation gameplay for Madden NFL 10. To be clear, 'simulation' gameplay isn't new - IMO it's what put EA SPORTS (and Madden) on the map in the early 90's after all.

Well this week we wanted to touch on one of the biggest aspects in creating an NFL sim, and as you might expect, this is also usually most difficult to get to an area where it still 'feels right'. That aspect is Player Momentum. Creating momentum in a football game is typically handled in many different ways, so today I'm going to just touch on one key area (and leave other topics for future weeks)."

shotgun styles 03-16-2009 04:59 PM

Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog: Player Momentum

Oh they'll be happy to see this.

Thanks Ian.

Glorious Arc 03-16-2009 05:00 PM

Great stuff but the Comparison to Defensive turn rates was no longer there when I went to watch the video.

ghostlight85 03-16-2009 05:01 PM

This is a short but quite welcomed blog as far as I'm concerned. Glad to hear the game will feel more weighted. One thing though, I hope this applies to animation transitions too. Last year one thing that would crop up is players in one animation would occasionally transition to another animation that sends them in the complete opposite direction. It looked very unnatural, and gave the game a sort of pinball feel when it occurred. It was usually one tackle animation transitioning to another. This was especially troubling when a ball carrier would end up running the wrong direction in a tackle break animation, losing yards.

Stroehms 03-16-2009 05:02 PM

Haven't read yet, but I would like to say that I enjoy these Monday Madden updates. Keep 'em comin :)

FootballDetails 03-16-2009 05:04 PM

Good read. Thanks for the blog!

Derrville 03-16-2009 05:06 PM

pretty tasty

Glorious Arc 03-16-2009 05:07 PM

I clicked the HQ buttion and it loaded...idk weird

Did anyone else notice when the player stopped/from a dead stop in the turn rate video it took him nearly 5-10 steps to pick up speed?:)