Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Will kicking be tuned in NCAA Football 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=303716)

beeneeb 03-17-2009 05:06 PM

Will kicking be tuned in NCAA Football 10?

Has anyone heard whether or not the kicking game will be tuned for NCAA Football 10? Here's my issues:

Field goals - Is there a kicker in the game that can't get a 50+ yard field goal?

Punts - I really have no beef with punts...these are implemented pretty well minus the actual punt coverage.

Kickoffs - The only time I kick a kickoff to the back of the endzone is when I've got a great kicker and 10+ MPH wind on my back. The upper echelon of kickers should be able to kick the ball into the endzone at least 35% of the time...I think I've done it 3 or 4 times since I've owned '09.

da ThRONe 03-17-2009 05:13 PM

Re: Will kicking be tuned in NCAA Football 10?

And last but not least Squib Kicks!

NikB13 03-17-2009 07:05 PM

the field goal kicking is ridiculas! iv literally seen maybe 2 cpu missed field goal since i bought 09 opening day.

and the punt coverage....................wow.....terrible i think iv returned like 50 punts to the house. i had 6 in one game!! thats crazy. definitely needs to be fixed.

KingDeDeDe 03-17-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikB13 (Post 2039314357)
the field goal kicking is ridiculas! iv literally seen maybe 2 cpu missed field goal since i bought 09 opening day.

and the punt coverage....................wow.....terrible i think iv returned like 50 punts to the house. i had 6 in one game!! thats crazy. definitely needs to be fixed.

Really? Suction tackling generally prevents this from ever happening for me. But I do play with ridiculous Heisman sliders, so that may have something to do with it. I usually get one every 3 or 4 games against well-matched opponents and one every 1 or 2 games against opponents I dominate.

beeneeb 03-20-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe (Post 2039314881)
Really? Suction tackling generally prevents this from ever happening for me. But I do play with ridiculous Heisman sliders, so that may have something to do with it. I usually get one every 3 or 4 games against well-matched opponents and one every 1 or 2 games against opponents I dominate.

The biggest thing about NCAA Football '09 is simply having your blockers set up in the right place. In real college football, after the returner has gone about 10 yards, most of the players are down field and ready to tackle the returner.

gamecox3 03-20-2009 12:08 PM

Every thing about special teams play needs to be scrapped and redone... How about multiple formations for punts and kick offs (team specific), a harder kick meter that doesn't make kicks automatic, bad snaps (maybe a snap meter), and realistic blocks on punts and field goals. Who are these so-called developers?

beeneeb 03-21-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecox3 (Post 2039325109)
Every thing about special teams play needs to be scrapped and redone... How about multiple formations for punts and kick offs (team specific), a harder kick meter that doesn't make kicks automatic, bad snaps (maybe a snap meter), and realistic blocks on punts and field goals. Who are these so-called developers?

Whether or not the kick offs or punts are team-specific, we should have more options. They can add 3 or 4 plays to the Special Teams playbook and have a huge impact on how the game plays out.

ChiSox05 03-21-2009 03:52 PM

For offline play just turn down KA and KP sliders, I started to see plent of missed FGs after I did that.