Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Button Smashing or Lazy Bones? (/forums/showthread.php?t=303812)

canes21 03-17-2009 11:58 PM

Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

Do you like smashing the A button like crazy, like in 2k games, when running with the ball.

Or are you the guy who wants to hit the R Trigger and know he has his guy at full speed?

I am the button smashing guy. It seems so much more realistic to me. When tapping A when wrapped up to break a tackle I feel as if I am controlling his feet and the more I push the button the more he drives his feet and keeps them moving. And when I hold it to charge to release a move I feel like I am actually building something up. To me holding down the trigger has no realism to it at all.

Which one are you, and why are you that way?

Derrville 03-18-2009 12:05 AM

Re: Button Smashing or Lazy Bones?

Button smasher! To me its more dramatic, such as you break into the open field, Its a foot race to the end zone! Its just funner and more exciting to tap like crazy to get away from the defender to chase someone than it is to Hold down the right trigger button!

TDogg09 03-18-2009 12:07 AM

Button tapping-for the same reasons you said. It feels like you're actually working to break out of a takcle, etc. It feels more like you are controlling the player's running than just holding the trigger does.

eDotd 03-18-2009 12:18 AM

Just take out any kind of sprint/turbo button altogether.

seriousluboy83 03-18-2009 12:52 AM

I've been a trigger man myself but only cause I stop playing 2k (cousin borrowed it and haven't seen it since) but I would love it if EA installed button pushing for speed....def. adds a sense of realism

AREVA DERCHE

Boregard 03-18-2009 01:01 AM

I kind of fall somewhere in the middle. I love the button smashing for the old wrap tackle breakout deal, and love the idea of a risk/reward build-up by holding feature, but I like the x button to turn on the sprint. I say x button very deliberately because the trigger deal (and in fact the changing of controls from the last gen) is the worst thing to happen to Madden.

The trigger deal is too unrealistic, at least with the x/A button sprint you had to let off the sprint in order to spin/dive/hurdle/ and perform the R-stick moves. I am ok with sprinting stiff-arms and "cut moves" (please, please, please bring the old school controls back!!!) as long as the animation still slows the player's forward progress slightly.

Blazin4QB 03-18-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2039315332)
Do you like smashing the A button like crazy, like in 2k games, when running with the ball.

Or are you the guy who wants to hit the R Trigger and know he has his guy at full speed?

I am the button smashing guy. It seems so much more realistic to me. When tapping A when wrapped up to break a tackle I feel as if I am controlling his feet and the more I push the button the more he drives his feet and keeps them moving. And when I hold it to charge to release a move I feel like I am actually building something up. To me holding down the trigger has no realism to it at all.

Which one are you, and why are you that way?

i voted right trigger because one less game that contributes to jamming my controller buttons is a plus for me but if it does make it in the game i'll contact you for replacing my controller with the jammed "A" button:wink:

Exonerated 03-18-2009 07:22 AM

Tapping isn't more realistic than holding a trigger.

In Madden , you spam the spin button to break out tackles neway, so its already in the game.

Spamming to run is not realistic. I guess we should reinvent the passing system because pressing an icon on a receivers head is unrealistic too?

Leave the trigger as it is. Nearly every single sports game has the trigger button for turbo and it should stay that way.

We're playing football, not street fighter.