Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   IAN, PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE ARE....... (/forums/showthread.php?t=304514)

DNM 03-21-2009 04:01 AM

IAN, PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE ARE.......

Please make sure there are VERY, VERY few cheese plays and glitches in madden 10. Every single year there are players who get their false ranks up by cheating and doing unstopable plays or glitches, and EA does nothing about it. So what I ask of you is to make play recognition to the defense more smarter. EX: If a WR keeps running the same route on your corner, the corner should not keep getting burned over and over again. The D needs to think to itself, "hey I think I got to jump on this route as soon as it seems familiar because he's been doing this same route all game".

Speaking of routes, in madden 09 theres this thing called "rocket catch" where you stop your man whos running full speed on the the dime, run him in a half circle backwards while in full speed going the totally opposite direction, and then he leaps 10 feet in the air to catch the ball without even planting his feet nor at least fading backwards as hes catching it. Will this "flaw" be fixed by the new momentum features in madden 10?

I beg of you lol. I'm tired of playing these guys, who for some reason, prefer playing madden over NFL street even though they like unrealistic gameplay. :waytogo:

Blazin4QB 03-21-2009 04:34 AM

Re: IAN, PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE ARE.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNM (Post 2039328261)
Please make sure there are VERY, VERY few cheese plays and glitches in madden 10. Every single year there are players who get their false ranks up by cheating and doing unstopable plays or glitches, and EA does nothing about it. So what I ask of you is to make play recognition to the defense more smarter. EX: If a WR keeps running the same route on your corner, the corner should not keep getting burned over and over again. The D needs to think to itself, "hey I think I got to jump on this route as soon as it seems familiar because he's been doing this same route all game".

Speaking of routes, in madden 09 theres this thing called "rocket catch" where you stop your man whos running full speed on the the dime, run him in a half circle backwards while in full speed going the totally opposite direction, and then he leaps 10 feet in the air to catch the ball without even planting his feet nor at least fading backwards as hes catching it. Will this "flaw" be fixed by the new momentum features in madden 10?

I beg of you lol. I'm tired of playing these guys, who for some reason, prefer playing madden over NFL street even though they like unrealistic gameplay. :waytogo:

Here is post in which i address "Strafe Catching" Click Here

JMD 03-21-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Please make sure there are VERY, VERY few cheese plays and glitches in madden 10. Every single year there are players who get their false ranks up by cheating and doing unstopable plays or glitches, and EA does nothing about it.

I mean no offense here but I must ask, why do people care about whom is ranked where? I see this a lot in all types of game forums. People complaining about how others get to the top of the leaderboard. Who cares what a persons rank is in a video game? Are you going to get something if you achieve a top ranking? No. Are hot women going to fawn over you if you are ranked #1 in Madden 10? I doubt it, they would probably run from you. Obviously , I'm all for stopping cheese and glitch play, but I could care less what a person rank is in Madden football or any other game. I guess I'm getting to old to understand.

PGaither84 03-21-2009 02:24 PM

Rank is meaningless. You have to remeber though, Football is about being #1. Sports is about being #1. The real reason being #1 on Madden is worthless is that the ranking system isn't legitimate. When players can abuse glitches, and play ranked games over and over aginst another account of thier's for free wins, there is no standard to track your true skill. If EA were to crack down on people who flat out GLITCH [like the WR direct snap or making the entire D auto blitz, or the QB run glitch] by banning thier IP & EA accounts AND create a LADDER ranking system then the rankings WOULD be "important" and cool. If you could only move up in your ranking through a Ladder system, then playing the same guy over and over again would have smaller and smaller advantages untill it is worthless. Beating people who were unranked, or so far below you it gained you 0 points for winning, you would be able to remove a strong aspect of cheating out wins.

For example when 2k5 was current they would restart the ladder liek every 3 months and allow players to climb it. The highest I ever got was top 100 and that was becasue I challenged people who were higher than me, yet I hardly played that many games. I think I had like 120 games played total where others had thousands. One of the draw backs with the 2k5/ESPN server was the DNF drop glitch where people would pause the game untill the pause timmer was at 1 and then pull the plug at the same time the timmer runs out. If timed right, I guess the server would screw up adn not even count the game as having had counted. The number one guy online had like 0 losses and 60-some-odd drops and well over a thousand wins. If he was going to lose, he would just pull the drop glitch. Obviously sometimes it didn't work and he got a DNF, but it was worth it to him to keep doing it. I played him once and we went ot Over time and he threw a pick 6 and as I beat his last man with Ty Law he droped and sent me a message saying "It didn't count sukka!"

I know I got a little off topic there, but the real point is that there will always be cheese adn glitches and you'll never be able to STOP people from using them. however if EA were to crack down on the abusers and use a Ladder ranking system it would legitimize the Madden rankings, imo.

DNM 03-21-2009 02:28 PM

Dude, I didn't create this thread because I wanted to complain about high ranked players. I created this thread because I don't want to play cheesers/cheaters online to ruin my own record and take the fun out of the game like they been doing for years. But yes, I do care about these leaderboards online because I want to see personally where I stand at among everyone else. No, I dont get a prize for it, but hey I like it. My reward is bragging rights. And this has nothin to do with being old or young, it depends on how much you personally like the game. And for you, I think you just don't like as much as everyone else who plays to rank themselves up.

94niners 03-21-2009 04:37 PM

As far as online ranking goes, there needs to be a user rating system, where you rate your opponent (and it is BLIND between the two players until after the fact), and one of the options needs to be "glitcher.'

Further, anyone with a glitcher rating of higher than 50% (or some appropriate number) should not be ranked at all.

Solved.

... but it won't happen for some utterly ******** reason...

seriousluboy83 03-21-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94niners (Post 2039329655)
As far as online ranking goes, there needs to be a user rating system, where you rate your opponent (and it is BLIND between the two players until after the fact), and one of the options needs to be "glitcher.'

Further, anyone with a glitcher rating of higher than 50% (or some appropriate number) should not be ranked at all.

Solved.

... but it won't happen for some utterly ******** reason...

it wont happen cause those guys are keeping "new" money in EA's pocket and what i mean by "new" is ....we vets of madden already kno the deal the guys ranked highly....and on madden challenge usually glitch and cheese they're way to the top and everybody trying to get to their level glitches also....but the casual gamer cant tell the difference....therfor they wanna be #1 also and be on the shows not knowing cheese and glitching is the only way and BOOM another one is born and EA makes another 60 bucks

Boucher 03-21-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Whats that??:nocomprende: