Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will Training be Revised? (/forums/showthread.php?t=304883)

Madwolf 03-22-2009 08:16 PM

Will Training be Revised?

I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but letting people raise speed in franchise really runed it for me after 3 or 4 season. It's stupid having to counter 99 speed TEs with 99 speed LBers, and everyone has 2-3 99 speed Wrs.

XtremeDunkz 03-22-2009 08:34 PM

Re: Will Training be Revised?

yeah i was always against being able to train speed..hopefully it is changed.

AnthonyPhillips 03-22-2009 09:44 PM

Some Of My Tweaks:

No Speed Training.
Bench Press = Tackling, Hit Power, Power Move, Stiff Arm, Trucking, Run + Pass Blocking and Strength
Kicking Power Should Not Be Increased By Bench Press
Kicking Accuracy Should Not Be Increased 40 Yard Dash
Throwing Power Can Not Be Increased

Ian_Cummings 03-22-2009 09:49 PM

We're probably just going to get rid of the mini-game based training for progression and for injury rehab.

Never made much sense IMO.

AnthonyPhillips 03-22-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039333618)
We're probably just going to get rid of the mini-game based training for progression and for injury rehab.

You know what that works even better.

ghostlight85 03-22-2009 09:57 PM

Offseason drills are a good way to supplement natural performance based progression. But i think they should be handled differently. I would love for progression to somehow be tied into the coaching staff and their strengths and weaknesses. Ditch the minigames, but maybe in it's place add some sort of offseason training program where players improve a little bit depending on the head coach/ defensive & offensive coordinators' ratings.

Also, I'm with the OP as far as speed being way too easy to progress. Post patch, I couldn't have a franchise without the 4th or 5th year becoming broken because too many incoming players had speed increases of 4 or 5 per season. Players don't get faster after coming into the league. They get better at technique and skills, they might add some muscle mass and strength, but for the most part they don't increase their speed much. Please fix that, because especially deep in franchise, it was very annoying to see 25+ receivers with 99 speed. I'm not exaggerating either, they would take over the league.

Madwolf 03-22-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

I <3 you.

rckinAPhilliezhat 03-22-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

I actually dont agree with this idea..unless you are replacing them with new training modes I dont feel this is a step in the right direction for an improved franchise mode..I dont see how training individual players to help them improve never made sense.

As for improving speed..I think it should take longer to achieve but the option shouldnt be removed. For those who want to build a fast team that will be a major lost. Just giving my two cents before anybody gets the idea that nobody wants live training camps/modes.