Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 (/forums/showthread.php?t=305306)

RaychelSnr 03-24-2009 11:53 AM

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

If you have been paying attention to the community’s efforts to tweak NBA 2K9 during the past few months, you probably noticed that Neon1, one of the hardest-working NBA 2K community members, redid the ratings and tendencies for every player and coach in the game.

As someone who had previously shelved NBA 2K9 out of frustration, I was initially excited to sit down and try this tweaked version of NBA 2K9 now that March Madness is in full bloom.

But after only a few games as my underachieving Grizzlies -- who have actually gotten a lot better, ratings-wise, since I last touched the game -- it became clear to me that the same opinion I had formed a few months ago still holds true:

NBA 2K9 is a mess, and no amount of slider tweaking or roster editing can save it.

So, in the first of a two-part series, I am here to explain why I have given up on NBA hoops this year, and I am also here to detail what needs to be improved in 2010.

Read More - Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

DC 03-24-2009 12:05 PM

Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This needs to be heard. Hopefully coming from you will validate the notion that 2K9 has serious issues.

It is playable but it has serious issues.

23 03-24-2009 12:06 PM

Uh oh

Im sure you prepared yourself for this mentally before you wrote it

ehh 03-24-2009 12:11 PM

Great post, 2K9 was a major disappointment. It's such a pretty game but the gameplay and basketball fundamentals are atrocious. Your defensive points are the most important IMO. Defense in 2K9 is bad, bad and bad. The animations are another major gripe I had, glad you mentioned that as well.

Joey P 03-24-2009 12:14 PM

Still playable to me...

DC 03-24-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

How are we supposed to keep people from getting to the rim when their limbs, their body, and most importantly, the ball, can morph right through the backboard, the goal, defenders, and so forth like they are not even there?
I don't think they honestly want you to have a chance of doing that. If it was easy to get stop then the casual fans would have issues with the game.

So what do you think they should do?

Dice 03-24-2009 12:31 PM

I got a bad feeling we're going to get a post from Chris Smoove in this thread.

Pared 03-24-2009 12:37 PM

These are all issues we've discussed ad nauseam.

One thing that continues to go un-mentioned is the lack of foot planting with the defense. Help does come when the help slider is set to 0 but there is no "negative consequence" for it in regards to player momentum. They can easily get back and still contest the open jumper.

Which is why, way back when the game was released, I was saying that re-rating the entire roster and the other "major" edits people were doing were worthless.