Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   INT's in 09 (/forums/showthread.php?t=305793)

jr86 03-26-2009 04:30 AM

INT's in 09

Guys, i am a new recruit to this game, so shoot me down if you will:).But i have read a lot of threads about the comp intercepting at will. Now what i read from peoples posts is that they have tried changing sliders, only calling certain plays etc to minimise the effect. What i have not see anyone mention is that all players are editable! Surely if you reduce the awareness, jumping and catching ability of LB's/DB's then this problem would not be such an issue.
Interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

dkrause1971 03-26-2009 09:25 AM

Re: INT's in 09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr86 (Post 2039346767)
Guys, i am a new recruit to this game, so shoot me down if you will:).But i have read a lot of threads about the comp intercepting at will. Now what i read from peoples posts is that they have tried changing sliders, only calling certain plays etc to minimise the effect. What i have not see anyone mention is that all players are editable! Surely if you reduce the awareness, jumping and catching ability of LB's/DB's then this problem would not be such an issue.
Interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

Overall, offense is too easy in the game so you wouldn't want to downgrade awareness and jumping. You could downgrade catching i suppose. The real issue is not enough balls hit the ground. Too many pass plays are either- catch offense, catch defense or drop by either. With the new features in 2010 it sounds like they really are trying to combat this- i guess we'll see.

fistofrage 03-26-2009 09:44 AM

The problem isn't the AI intercepting, its the AI throwing interceptions. At any level, with any sliders, you can have a good game going and then, pick 6 festival breaks out.

jr86 03-26-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2039347092)
The problem isn't the AI intercepting, its the AI throwing interceptions. At any level, with any sliders, you can have a good game going and then, pick 6 festival breaks out.

But surely if you go into your own LB's/DB's and lower their awareness, jumping and catching abilities then this should help/solve the problem:confused: