Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010 (/forums/showthread.php?t=305844)

K_rob11 03-26-2009 10:03 AM

I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010

Just wanted to say that all these blogs and screenshots have completely changed my optimism towards Madden 2010. I was seriously going to skip out on purchasing madden this year (something I have only done once since the original Madden Football).....for some reason I just couldn't get excited about what I thought was going to be a slighty upgraded version of 09.

I thought it was maybe just because I was getting older and I was just losing my excitement over video games. I can't say that there is a title that I am really looking forward to........until I saw this screenshot...

.....then I started reading these threads (haven't been reading in the Madden threads since I traded in Madden 09 months ago)....and I start reading (catching up on) the blogs and now I am feeling some excitement about madden that I havent felt in a loooong time. These blogs and threads, screenshots, and the upcoming NFL draft have me really feening for some NFL football right now....so much so that I am probably going to end up re-purchasing Madden 09 just to hold me over. :google:

Just wanted to commend Ian and the crew for being so visible this year and communicating with the ''hardcore football fans" more than they ever have. I am really enjoying the interaction with the simheads and the production team here. It really has me excited about Madden 2010.

polamalu82 03-26-2009 10:10 AM

Re: I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_rob11 (Post 2039347146)
Just wanted to say that all these blogs and screenshots have completely changed my optimism towards Madden 2010. I was seriously going to skip out on purchasing madden this year (something I have only done once since the original Madden Football).....for some reason I just couldn't get excited about what I thought was going to be a slighty upgraded version of 09.

I thought it was maybe just because I was getting older and I was just losing my excitement over video games. I can't say that there is a title that I am really looking forward to........until I saw this screenshot....

I'm 27 and I can't wait for the "Ghostbusters" game to come out. What's that say about me? lol

shotgun styles 03-26-2009 10:12 AM

Yeah, being a Steelers fan, this shot reached out of the screen and grabbed me. It looks like Ben. And that's just spooky man.

This is the best looking shot of video game football, EVER.

sin18 03-26-2009 10:18 AM

I'm 21, i've purchased every madden for the last 6 years, since i was 15(madden 04) and just finished my 1st season of real HS football... had 2 other random years(i think 99 and 01) but they were gifts. Thank god i played last gen in 07 and 08, cause those maddens would have seriously mamed my eternal love for football if i had those to play for 2 years

I am getting re-addicted(bought it on day 2) to this years madden just because of the excitement for the next madden.

Hopefully Madden 2010 can really be an awesome awesome game, out sell all expectations, make Ian and Co. completely finicailly secure(not rich..there's a diff) and this can change the way business is done...atleast in the gaming world.

Thanx for being so open with the community, no only talking to us and showing us what you are doing day in and day out, but respecting/taking/ and using our opinion to make a better game.

marktg30 03-26-2009 10:19 AM

I am almost convinced that Madden 10 will be a Midnight purchase for myself.

The only thing that matters to me a this point is Franchise Mode (Mainly the off-season - Free Agency, Draft and Big Trades).

thudias 03-26-2009 10:38 AM

Ive done a complete 360 on Madden this year.

raphael 03-26-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marktg30 (Post 2039347187)
I am almost convinced that Madden 10 will be a Midnight purchase for myself.

The only thing that matters to me a this point is Franchise Mode (Mainly the off-season - Free Agency, Draft and Big Trades).

How about presentation and gameplay? Those are my major concerns.

raphael 03-26-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thudias (Post 2039347231)
Ive done a complete 360 on Madden this year.

:lolabove: