Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OU Texas - Cotton Bowl crowd - More red/orange, less white (/forums/showthread.php?t=305890)

beeneeb 03-26-2009 02:02 PM

OU Texas - Cotton Bowl crowd - More red/orange, less white

Hey OMT,

The new screens from the OU / Texas game show way too much white in the stands. Can you tune this so that there's more crimson and orange?

Here's the screen from the game:

Here's an ESPN video that shows the crowd better:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...ategoryid=null

canes21 03-26-2009 02:09 PM

Re: OU Texas - Cotton Bowl crowd - More red/orange, less white

looks like the student section.... But sill, how does NCAA not have all the teams correct crowd color? I want to see grean when i play as Miam, not just Orange.

beeneeb 03-26-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2039347966)
looks like the student section.... But sill, how does NCAA not have all the teams correct crowd color? I want to see grean when i play as Miam, not just Orange.

There is no Student section at the Cotton Bowl. The entire stadium is split 50 / 50 for OU and Texas. (I've never been to OU / TEXAS, so correct me if there is a student section.)

Solidice 03-26-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeneeb (Post 2039348064)
There is no Student section at the Cotton Bowl. The entire stadium is split 50 / 50 for OU and Texas. (I've never been to OU / TEXAS, so correct me if there is a student section.)

yea, the stadium is split 50/50 at the 50 yard line. I don't know about a student section, I wasn't a student for either school.:smirk:

it's one of the best games to go to, IMO. the whole OU/UT weekend is great.

canes21 03-26-2009 04:09 PM

Didn't realize it was the Cotton Bowl, lol. I treated as if it was like any other game. Still, we should have correct crowds by now.

OMT 03-26-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2039348467)
Didn't realize it was the Cotton Bowl, lol. I treated as if it was like any other game. Still, we should have correct crowds by now.

If you match up OU and Texas in Play Now, it automatically puts you in the neutral stadium (same with Army/Navy, Florida/Georgia, and CU-CSU).

Crowd colors don't have their own setting unfortunately.. it is based on team colors in the DB.

canes21 03-26-2009 04:20 PM

OMT, I know you have tried making crowds like ECU better. But do you think in 2011 we will have team set crowds. I just don't like playing with Miami and seeing nothing, but orange. When I have been to Miami games, I saw 80% green and white, not 90% orange as 09 has it.

Is it possible that the teams will be able to research this oncoming season and see what the averages of each teams color percentage? Ex: Miami - 47% Green, 21% White, 17% Orange, 15% Other. That other being regular clothes like a regular polo shirt at the game

beeneeb 03-26-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMT (Post 2039348507)
If you match up OU and Texas in Play Now, it automatically puts you in the neutral stadium (same with Army/Navy, Florida/Georgia, and CU-CSU).

Crowd colors don't have their own setting unfortunately.. it is based on team colors in the DB.

Historically, you see a lot more crimson than cream at any OU home game. Would it be possible to tweak the ratio of the two colors so that there's more crimson?