Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Online Enhancements (/forums/showthread.php?t=305930)

ScoobySnax 03-26-2009 04:43 PM

Online Enhancements

Since online is a big deal in Madden, I think the oversight needs to be improved (Obviously after franchise, gameplay, presentation are taken care of first). There needs to be an option to "accept the win" after a person quits and or plug pulls.

When playing against a live person, my intensity is through the roof lol!! After they quit, it's a snoozefest. I would welcome an option to speed up that process.

There also needs to be consequences for plug-pulling as well. People are avoiding losses like crazy (and people are denied wins) and it's not fair. I play online to: 1) Get wins and 2) Get better.

As far as cheesers go, someone stated in another thread that they should have their own lobby and "Cheese/Glitch their hearts out" LOL!

Lastly, there needs to be a system in place where you can only play against people with a skill level that is close to yours (no level 21 v. level 3 etc.). I think that would make the players better, even though overall records wont look as "pretty".

I'm through :)

Any other suggestions to clean up online play?

Boucher 03-26-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Online Enhancements

Ill wait till fademall gets here...

ScoobySnax 03-26-2009 05:29 PM

^^Should I expect to get flamed? Lol!

Boucher 03-26-2009 06:30 PM

No lol, he'll just give you the breakdown of what he wants for madden onlline

SouthernBrick 03-26-2009 06:52 PM

yes i agree if someone quits or gets disconnected you should be able to take a win, but then again it doesn't matter to me, b/c if they quit that just means another victory.

CapnKill 03-26-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxplosive1984 (Post 2039348650)
Since online is a big deal in Madden, I think the oversight needs to be improved (Obviously after franchise, gameplay, presentation are taken care of first). There needs to be an option to "accept the win" after a person quits and or plug pulls.

Too easy to rig... you get a friend, you start a game, he pulls plug, you accept win, rinse and repeat.... easy wins.

Quote:

When playing against a live person, my intensity is through the roof lol!! After they quit, it's a snoozefest. I would welcome an option to speed up that process.

The PS2 had a system where if you were winning by 30 or more I think, that option became available... another pretty good PS2 feature that should find its way to the NG world.

Quote:

There also needs to be consequences for plug-pulling as well. People are avoiding losses like crazy (and people are denied wins) and it's not fair. I play online to: 1) Get wins and 2) Get better.

How can you tell between a plug pull or a random disconnect? I don't think there is any way to differentiate between the two.

Quote:

As far as cheesers go, someone stated in another thread that they should have their own lobby and "Cheese/Glitch their hearts out" LOL!

Cheesers don't like to play against cheesers, because for the most part they can't stop their own cheese. They like to pick on people that are not exposed to this stuff so they get easy wins.

Quote:

Lastly, there needs to be a system in place where you can only play against people with a skill level that is close to yours (no level 21 v. level 3 etc.). I think that would make the players better, even though overall records wont look as "pretty".

That doesn't work.. cause while I was pretty darn good at the PS2 Madden I hardly played ranked games, so I was LVL 1... if I decided to hop on and play someone I wouldn't want to be limited to playing LVl 1 people.

They can do what Street Fighter does where instead of Wins and Losses they can do a point system. You start at 0 points. If you beat someone better than you then you get more points. The higher ranked the person you beat the more points you get and if you lose then you lose points... so if you are level 30 and you lose to lvl 1 then you drop a lot of points...

Quote:

Any other suggestions to clean up online play?

I have a simple solution. Don't keep track of Wins and Losses. Its utterly ridiculous and insanely comical that people actually care about their on-line record. When the place is flooded with cheesers or glitchers or whatever you want to call them, for someone to actually be proud about their on-line record is just mind boggling to me. Like people getting upset cause someone pulled the plug on them... Oh no! You didn't get your precious W... holy crap, the world is gonna end now.

If Ws and Ls were not recorded, no one would feel compelled to cheat. The fact that idiots feel compelled to win at any cost just to improve their MEANINGLESS on-line record is sad, very very sad.