Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall (/forums/showthread.php?t=306064)

apexbronx 03-27-2009 03:21 AM

To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall

Lets not Confuse the Guys at EA who were wise enough to give us an ear on the making of Madden 2010, but uniforms, Shoulder Pads and 3D Grass, or whatever tickles your Cosmetic Fancy all takes a back seat to stuff like Gameplay, Physics, Speed, Agility and Acceleration Differentials Not to mention Created Plays and Custom Playbooks all Takes Preference over the Cosmetics of the Game Any Day of the week.

Lets not Lose Focus on what really Counts, Pure Football First. With All these Cosmetic Suggestions I see here EA Might Get Confused, and if thats the case (God Forbid) don't get Mad at EA if some Perfumed dodo Comes out. With that being said Lets Concentrate on what Matters First

P.S No Offense to anybody here

SwayGod53 03-27-2009 03:24 AM

Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

I like your videos better.

DeLuX 03-27-2009 03:28 AM

Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

WRONG, Presentation and Detail is JUST as important as gameplay.

KANE699 03-27-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexbronx (Post 2039350878)
Lets not Confuse the Guys at EA who were wise enough to give us an ear on the making of Madden 2010, but uniforms, Shoulder Pads and 3D Grass, or whatever tickles your Cosmetic Fancy all takes a back seat to stuff like Gameplay, Physics, Speed, Agility and Acceleration Differentials Not to mention Created Plays and Custom Playbooks all Takes Preference over the Cosmetics of the Game Any Day of the week.

Lets not Lose Focus on what really Counts, Pure Football First. With All these Cosmetic Suggestions I see here EA Might Get Confused, and if thats the case (God Forbid) don't get Mad at EA if some Perfumed dodo Comes out. With that being said Lets Concentrate on what Matters First

P.S No Offense to anybody here

Let us not lose focus that there are different teams designated to gameplay, and art.

I don't know how many times this needs to be stressed, there isn't just like 4 or 5 guys working on the game and all they are doing are working on gameplay and then when we ask for details in equipment or fields or etc. they have to take time and work away from working on gameplay to do so.

That is just not how this game is made, the director of the art team is on here at OS and is able to look at all of our equipment and field and uniform and detail needs.

rckabillyRaider 03-27-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeLuX (Post 2039350882)

I agree there.

sj3981 03-27-2009 03:42 AM

First of all, if people want to go crazy over the screens and info released, that's up to them. And who's to say that gameplay is the MOST important aspect of the game? I mean I personally think it is, but those who feel otherwise and think that other aspects are just as important, thats good too. I don't mean to call you out or rain on your post, but I don't really understand all of the hushing of people's excitement over what we have seen so far...

g2thecore 03-27-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeLuX (Post 2039350882)

QFT

adembroski 03-27-2009 04:20 AM

A great game with poor graphics and poor presentation may not be as engrossing, engaging, or satisfying on the surface, but it's still a great game. I point to High Heat as my evidence. A game with great presentation and **** gameplay is a **** game, and I point to 2k's baseball franchise as my evidence.

Gameplay first... presentation is critical, but not quite as important. If you are going to throw one out, it's gotta be presentation.