Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ian, Do you guys scout each player to make them like there real life counterparts? (/forums/showthread.php?t=306264)

NFLHITMAN 03-27-2009 09:36 PM

Ian, Do you guys scout each player to make them like there real life counterparts?

I don't know if this has been asked but I would like to know if you guys actually scout players for there strengths and weaknesses. One of the turnoffs I had from 09 was when I saw that Earl Campbell had 98 speed while Gale Sayers had 96 LOL. I know this is not a big deal to some but as I have told you in a PM I am very SIM and like the players in the game to be an exact replica or there real life counterparts. I didn't check every player for accuracy but since I played APF I was looking at the Legends more than the present day players ( Except for the Seahawks who are my favorite team ).

Is the speed in Madden 10 going to be as over powered as in 09? I remember people just chucking up passes to Devin Hester and he would beat premier CB's LOL.

NFLHITMAN 03-28-2009 10:22 AM

Re: Ian, Do you guys scout each player to make them like there real life counterparts

Anybody have a answer to this? Has this topic been brought up before and if so where is the thread so I can read what they said.

fourthreemafia 03-28-2009 11:00 AM

Re: Ian, Do you guys scout each player to make them like there real life counterparts

I believe they said they are tuning each player to look and feel like their real life counterpart.

I will say, in the past, they have done an awful job at this, but with this new staff in place and seeing the first few screenshots, I think we may finally get it this year. Obviously, there will be some flaws, but I am hopeful it wont be such a joke this year as it has been in years past.

As for the speed thing, I am pretty sure they are fixing that. Ian said something about how its not just about the speed rating this year, so hopefully, we see more realistic results this year as far as what you are referring to.

NFLHITMAN 03-28-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourthreemafia (Post 2039354737)
I believe they said they are tuning each player to look and feel like their real life counterpart.

I will say, in the past, they have done an awful job at this, but with this new staff in place and seeing the first few screenshots, I think we may finally get it this year. Obviously, there will be some flaws, but I am hopeful it wont be such a joke this year as it has been in years past.

As for the speed thing, I am pretty sure they are fixing that. Ian said something about how its not just about the speed rating this year, so hopefully, we see more realistic results this year as far as what you are referring to.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

When I played Madden 2009 the first things I looked for was the ratings of my Seahawks team. I than checked the Legends since I play APF 2K8. When I saw that for the Legend that Earl Campbells speed was higher than the Kansas Comet ( Gale Sayers ) I couldn't believe it LOL. I than noticed how Tom Brady ( Who I think is the best QB to ever play the game ) had a rating of 100 on Arm Strength even though he doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL was laughable.

Maybe I notice it more because I play in NFL SIM Leagues and have run many on APF so I look in to the scouting reports on each player and I also have a large Legend CAP list that most use at 2ksport.com.

I just want to see more players in Madden look and play more like there real life counterparts especially since Ian has posted he is making it SIM.

adembroski 03-29-2009 09:26 AM

I believe they do scout the major players, with the rest I suppose they primarily use scouting data from the various sites around the web.

I used to do my own rosters and I did note that one thing they were very good at was differentiating between a fast player and a quick player. Can't say why, but I know for some reason they always seemed to get that right.

Historic players tend to be rated really high. I know Joe Montana does not have a 95 THP:P

Boucher 03-29-2009 09:30 AM

didn't ian show us a chart of how there going to measure speed this year?

Exonerated 03-29-2009 10:01 AM

Ian showed us a chart of how speed is calculated and scaled.

The act of measuring speed comes down to a combination of combine time, real life videos, and personal opinion.

bowdown2shadi 03-29-2009 11:19 AM

Hello NFLHITMAN,

It appears that you have yet read Operation Sports' Madden forum rules. Please take a moment to read this quote directly from the NEW rules thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Millennium (Post 2039131522)
With the influx of new users recently, and the appreciated interaction of the Madden development team, the moderating team at OS, headed by yours truly, will be instituting a new set of rules, specifically to this forum. With the trouble we have had in the past, we don't wish to see any information that is being shared or collected in regards to the Madden series to be muddled in a sea of useless and unreadable posts. That being said, here are the new rules that EVERY poster must abide by, and the new punishment system that will be put into place for breaking them.

RULES

- No outright bashing any developer, moderator, or other poster. If you have a problem with someone in the forum, PM a mod. Disagreeing with an opinion, again constructively, is alright. The very first time you personally insult another poster, it will count as an offense, or infraction as we like to call it.

- No 2k vs Madden wars. You can be constructive with your criticism, even compare a feature from one game to another to make a point. But if you turn it into a flame or bash war, *see punishment*

- Trolling. This is stating the same thing over and over in multiple threads. "Beating a dead horse" is also covered in this. This also boils down to making constructive criticism in regards to what you are speaking about, and once you have, let it go. Also covered in this blindly defending your point, positive or negative, in a negative manner.

- No "Hey Ian!" threads. If any developer sees a thread they can comment on, they will do it on their own.

PUNISHMENTS

First Offense - Red Card infraction. If you already have a red card FROM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THESE BOARDS that is still active, you will be automatically moved to Second Offense.

Second Offense - One month ban from the Madden boards. Your posting rights will be taken away from the Madden forum for one month, in which time it will be your responsibility to PM a moderator to get the ban lifted.

Third Offense - Permanent banning from the Operation Sports forums.

I will be leaving this thread open for discussion, but as far as I am concerned, these rules are very fair. Any other suggestions will be taken, but these rules will not be lightened in any way.

Thank you,
Chris Gunter
OS Forum Admin

Just wanted to point that out, and enjoy your stay here at Operation Sports ;)

Thank You