Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Food For Thought: Madden > 2k5?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=306305)

lgxjames 03-28-2009 02:39 AM

Food For Thought: Madden > 2k5??

as I tend to over analyze everything spoken and written I remember Ian said that he never wanted to hear anyone compare Madden to 2k5 again...Hmmmm

So as I'm thinking, I realize that half the reason people love 2k5 so much was because of it's presentation, Sure some gameplay stuff, But I hardly ever read much about 2k5 unless it's presentation related (espn blah blah, weekly show blah blah) So too meeeee...Maybe I'm just over analyzing but I think Ian knows exactly why people loved 2k5 so much, All those special presentation effects and his statement that he didn't want to hear that comparison again leads me to believe.....It is there sole purpose and mission to out-do the presentation found in 2k5, Which is probably the ONLY way Madden will stop being compared to 2k5

I just don't see how Ian can honestly make that statement if he didn't already know they are going all out on presentation to not only meet 2k5's standard but exceeding it. It just makes no sense to challenge 2k5 like that without atleast a firm belief in himself that he can back it up...

Here's to the new "Madden Dream Team" :cheers444

DeLuX 03-28-2009 02:43 AM

Re: Food For Thought: Madden > 2k5??

NFL 2K5 is best know for its amazing presentation but its gameplay is also way better then anything Madden has ever done.

sportzbro 03-28-2009 02:46 AM

this is going to turn into a Madden vs. 2K5 thread very quickly.

lgxjames 03-28-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORN4CORN (Post 2039354340)
this is going to turn into a Madden vs. 2K5 thread very quickly.

Well that's not the direction Im looking for, I just thought Ian's comments were his kind of way of tipping us off on the presentation aspect

Derrville 03-28-2009 03:05 AM

:cheers:

sportzbro 03-28-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgxjames (Post 2039354357)
Well that's not the direction Im looking for, I just thought Ian's comments were his kind of way of tipping us off on the presentation aspect

yea I understand, and I agree that the EA team has full intentions to destroy anything named 2k5. I'm just saying some people will take it the wrong way.

lgxjames 03-28-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrville (Post 2039354363)
:cheers:

It would be nice if Ian and the rest of the "Dream Team" got in here and accepted my toast...then again...it is 3am here...

MRxAmazing 03-28-2009 03:58 AM

First question: Have you ever played NFL 2k5?
Second question: Have you ever played NFL 2K5?

*I'd like to note that I'm a Madden fanboy, and that has included gameplay. But not old does 2K5 have an AMAZING presentation, the gameplay is pretty rock solid. There's little things in that game that we still haven't yet seen in Madden. Jostling being one of those things (which is finally making into Madden this year).

Check out this video I uploaded just a few minutes ago. I plan on making a full video filled with clips from 2K5 to put on these boards. This is just one of the plays that will be in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYD2_nkqYo