Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Cowboys Installing Wildcat, Is EA? (/forums/showthread.php?t=306358)

Guillotine 1 03-28-2009 01:26 PM

Cowboys Installing Wildcat, Is EA?

The owner/GM of the Dallas Cowboys went on record at the NFL owners meetings saying the Cowboys will indeed attempt to add a player who can run the wildcat offense, or one that the team can install a package for.

While I am not a fan of the wildcat, this statement which comes one month away from the NFL draft begs a question. Are the Cowboys committed to drafting Pat White? And will EA Sports make the wildcat apart of the playbook in Madden NFL 10?

Here's a link to Jerry's full comment.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.387de63.html

How will this type of offense be kept in check in madden NFL 10?

It seemed to me that as the season went on, defenses adjusted and were shutting this offense down mostly. It at the very least did not seem to be nearly as effective later in the year.

Boucher 03-28-2009 05:08 PM

Re: Cowboys Installing Wildcat, Is EA?

Isiah stanback is the perfect guy fot the job

KANE699 03-28-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher (Post 2039355633)
Isiah stanback is the perfect guy fot the job

If he can get on the field, then stay on it, yeah this would be great.

Also we don't even know if wildcat is going to be in the game last I checked so I don't think we'll have an answer here.

Maybe Ian will make a thread similar to the 3-4 one asking which teams run the wildcat.

tyler289 03-28-2009 05:47 PM

The Ravens shut down the Dolphins' wildcat last year but I think a large part of that was the fact that they didn't have a run/pass option. Ronnie Brown and Pennington were good, but if you add a guy like Pat White there (who can run it OR pass it) it becomes a lot more dangerous.

Hopefully Madden 10 adds a wildcat part to certain teams' playbooks (the teams that used it a lot in 2008 - Dolphins - and teams that have publicly said they'll use it) and then adds the ability for custom playbooks, which would allow everyone to use it if they wished.

Cryolemon 03-28-2009 05:51 PM

I really hope the wildcat is in. It would be stupid not to include it in at least the Dolphins playbook.

bkrich83 03-28-2009 06:07 PM

Listening to GAC and a few other shows, it's more likely Jones was trying to drum up some interest for next year. Doubtful Dallas spends a lot of time in the Wildcat next year. They have much bigger issues to deal with.

Derrville 03-28-2009 06:10 PM

If its not and they end up using it, this would be a good reason why there should be a play editor or something to that effect.

redsfan4life 03-28-2009 06:34 PM

Josh Cribbs ran it quite a bit last year. The Browns should definitely have some trick plays around Cribbs.