Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Free Kick (/forums/showthread.php?t=306479)

c dizzy m baby 03-29-2009 01:44 AM

Free Kick

Will the Free Kick rule be in Madden 10?

Im talking about the untimed down you get if you fair catch a punt at the end of a half where you get a chance to kick a FG. Not sure the exact language of the rule, but you may have to decide before the play to take the Free Kick.

KANE699 03-29-2009 02:40 AM

Re: Free Kick

Would be nice to see this rule in especially since not even everyone would know about it (most fans aren't that hardcore)

But ill admit ive never been in the posistion to fair catch a punt at the end of the half or game.

TheSaint92 03-29-2009 02:48 AM

It probably won't be it Madden 10, because it happened once last year and it was pretty much a kickoff, and last time it happened before last year it was years ago.

Exonerated 03-29-2009 03:43 AM

After a fair catch, you can opt to take a free kick, regardless of time of quarter?

I thought that was the rule. YOu only see it applied at the end of the half because there are no more offensives plays to be run except for the free kick.

I think if you fair catch it, you may try for a field goal, regardless of time, IIRC.

Cryolemon 03-29-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exonerated (Post 2039357224)
After a fair catch, you can opt to take a free kick, regardless of time of quarter?

I thought that was the rule. YOu only see it applied at the end of the half because there are no more offensives plays to be run except for the free kick.

I think if you fair catch it, you may try for a field goal, regardless of time, IIRC.

That's the rule as far as I know. It has never been in a football game as far as I know, it would be cool to see it though.