Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect. (/forums/showthread.php?t=306717)

Kingspadee 03-30-2009 10:17 AM

Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect.

Nothing worse than just playing and there are no trades and basically the mode is just dull. (Of course with Online Franchises this will be fixed since I would try to get 32 active players)

But even if I didn't have 32 players it'd be nice to see the CPU actually...active.

I know the folks on Head Coach are working on Franchise mode which is fantastic. I loved bidding on players and those little things that made Head Coach fun.

I would like to have players disgruntled.

"Damn I went 0-16, the star MLB wants to be traded and go to a team that can actually compete...so now he refuses to play."

It'd suck to groom a rookie and then he hold-outs and then you gotta trade him away - but at least it will make the mode interesting.

I would like to have trade proposals to me (man Detroit is giving me their 2 1st round picks AND a 5th for X player) OK time to pull the trigger.

I don't know if these are important to others but to me they are. Like I said as it stands now - Franchise mode is way, way, way, WAY too dull

Boucher 03-30-2009 10:27 AM

Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

Online franchise is not confirmed yet

Kingspadee 03-30-2009 10:33 AM

Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

I know that - that is why I said WITH Online Franchises this would be already fixed

Boucher 03-30-2009 10:39 AM

more than likely online franchise would have 16 ppl

Kingspadee 03-30-2009 10:44 AM

See I don't agree with that. I understand the limit with NCAA - but to short a Franchise and not having the ability of having all 32 teams would be a joke.

I would love to schedule a time to do the Draft and we can go all in a Party Chat and talk it up while the draft is going on.

Hopefully we will be able to trade up/trade down this year as well

S1ARk5 03-30-2009 10:45 AM

we can only hope, I mean this is supposed to be next gen gaming right?

PacMan3000 03-30-2009 10:47 AM

Good points. One of the many things that franchise is in dire need of is the feeling that you as a gamer/coach are constantly needing to make big decisions. And that the decisions you make have weight.

There's no weight to the decisions in franchise mode. You gotta cut that Haynesworth-esque defensive tackle due to money concerns? Nope, the salary cap is just fine.

You traded away your starting safety? No problem, the draft logic is broken, therefore while other teams are drafting three QB's in one draft class, a first round caliber safety will fall to you in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You went 4-12? No big deal, no players get upset and force trades or hold out. No one is upset because you aren't allowing them to hit their incentives in therefore make more money.

There's no big decisions in franchise mode.

The best franchise mode I played was NFL 2K5 (I think it was 2K5). I remember that, at many times during franchise mode, the cap would get VERY tight on me. To the point where I realized two things:

1) I can't just sign anyone I want to a huge contract without mortgaging my future and being in salary cap hell.

2) I was going to have to release or trade a highly productive player because he was simply killing my team financially. I didn't WANT to do it, but the tough decision had to be made.

Boucher 03-30-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingspadee (Post 2039360718)
See I don't agree with that. I understand the limit with NCAA - but to short a Franchise and not having the ability of having all 32 teams would be a joke.

I would love to schedule a time to do the Draft and we can go all in a Party Chat and talk it up while the draft is going on.

Hopefully we will be able to trade up/trade down this year as well

If it's even in this year then 16 is acceptable, but they can add more over the years